ASH47 and Blueiris

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
GordonShumway

ASH47 and Blueiris

Post by GordonShumway »

Has anyone managed to configure the ASH47 PTZ outdoor camera with Blueiris with full motion control? I was only able to connect it to BI via the RTSP port 8999 and am getting serious lag and frequent connection loss (camera is currently connected via RJ45), and no motion controls. Any comments would be appreciated.
jack7

Re: ASH47 and Blueiris

Post by jack7 »

You could try the link below to see if it improves your ASH47 performance. 
I believe BI PTZ control uses ONVIF which would not work with RTSP connection.  

From the Amazon ASH47 listing:
Question:
Does this camera work with the Blue Iris program?
Answer:
Yes, this is possible by obtaining the IP address of your device from your network and adding it directly to the software. For more information, please reference this article: 
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... s-ASH22-W- 
By Amcrest Direct SELLER  on March 15, 2022
GordonShumway

Post by GordonShumway »

Jack7,
I actually did follow that document earlier Sunday but I still find a lot of lag which is really weird for a network cable connected camera.

As for the PTZ controls, I noticed that BI offers an "External script" in the PTZ/Control tab for cameras. I have Amcrest's Command Line application installed on my Ubuntu desktop and use it to move my indoor PTZ cameras back to their "home" positions every 10 minutes (in case I was fooling around with them). I would like to think that I can install the Windows version of that app on the BI computer and plug it in there. Do you have any experience with that or should I start surfing the BI support forums for that? Is there a specific port that the camera does listen on for external PTZ commands?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Yes, it would be best to explore and ask questions about BI on the ipcamtalk and BI forums.
The Amcrest HTTP API SDK has commands for PTZ and probably digital zoom.  It is not intended for Smarthome devices, but some commands do work on some Smarthome devices.
Did you consider the Amcrest IP5M-1190W when getting the ASH47?  1190W is a "more normal" Amcrest IP camera, not Smarthome, and has a Web UI.  It would be more likely to work with BI PTZ controls.
GordonShumway

Post by GordonShumway »

If I had known then what I know now ... I see the Amazon description clearly states http/s and Blueiris. Hopefully BI can control PTZ, too. BI works fine with my Amcrest IP4M and IP5M cams but I use a python script on my linux box from Github to manually move the Amcrests back to "home" every 10 minutes. I am hopeful that it will control this control this one, too. It should be here tomorrow. Now to pack up this junker and ship it back. Thanks very much for that link!