ASH26 resolution in Blue Iris

Have some questions or having issues with Blue Iris? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
kope007

ASH26 resolution in Blue Iris

Post by kope007 »

Hello I have 3 ASH26 floodlights running in blue iris for quite some time now. They have been running very smoothly so I haven't messed with them.
However I noticed today that the resolution in blue iris is 856x480 and it cannot be changed in blue iris (grayed out). I can't remember if it has always been this way and I just noticed or if it is a new thing that happened.

I'm obviously no expert, but is it because the video is being sent to blue iris via rtsp from the cam in this low resolution? Is there a way to change it? I cannot figure out any web interface for the ash26 and think I recall that there is none. Nothing jumps out in the app that seems like it would work.

Thank you for any help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASH26 resolution in Blue Iris

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I can pull from 2 feeds off the ASH26. Might want to make sure your pulling from Subtype=0 if you use 1 it is smaller format.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
beeper044

Post by beeper044 »

Hello, I see you're using the ASH26 cameras with Blue Iris. I was told by the sales rep that they are not compatible with Blue Iris.
Were you able to open add them in Blue Iris without a lot of headaches, searching for the proper ports, etc?
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Bruno
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

An older post, but maybe this will still help.

They're perfectly compatible with Blue Iris. I'd be more than happy to assist.

The video settings screen for the camera will show the substream resolution if the substream is active in the configuration. The substream will also be the stream displayed in the main frame containing all your cameras (if enabled for any given camera) which dramatically improves CPU efficiency while conserving processing resources..., and not being drastically noticable with smaller images.

Double clicking on any camera in the main display frame should automatically switch to its main stream and associated resolution (which is also the stream that should be recorded unless both streams are selected for recording).

If the main stream is the desired stream for viewing in the main display frame, the substream must be de-activated to achieve this and the result should be automatic. If a different resolution from the actual camera configuration is desired, it can be forced by checking the box under the resolution box and entering the desired resolution within the range of the camera's capabilities.