IP4M-1028 firmware

All Beta tests that are current
Forum rules
Caution :!:
The Test Firmware listed below is only for the model(s) listed, using this firmware anywhere else will brick the device.
Test Firmware's have a Time Limit of eligibility and usability, once the Firmware is applied you have up to 6 Months to update to a Stable Firmware. Beta Firmware is NOT a stable release, we greatly appreciate help with the testing process. However, upgrading your device with beta testing firmware you will do so at Your Own Risk. If you run into any urgent issues and or having major issues, please send us an email https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
spleen911

IP4M-1028 firmware

Post by spleen911 »

Any plan to release a firmware update (similar to IP4M-1051 and IP3M-HX2) for the IP4M-1028?

Not sure why it is discontinued. I purchased 16 of them in the last 18 months and consider them superior to the IP4M-1055 ... [shrugs].
Four NV4108E-HS and a mix of 24 cameras (IP4M-1028, IP4M-1051, and IP3M-HX2)
spleen911

Re: IP4M-1028 firmware

Post by spleen911 »

Anyone, Bueller, Bueller, LOL
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well sadly I am not sure.. I am going to guess that your first post says it is Discontinued and with that there will be no more updates for it... Sadly there are a lot of people have have had issues with Dome because they try to install them in areas that are to narrow or to close to a Reflective home, bush or who knows what.. While I like them and I hate the Eyeball 1055 type cameras I do have sadly my share of them and that is why I hate them lol.. Some of mine are older 1.3mp or some might be even 2mp all my 3mp or 5mp are in Dome like the 1028 would be and or Bullet style. Because even they are might be easy to defeat not at the height I installed them without first being not only Detected but ID aka Face Rec seeing my cameras in areas I have bullets I also have dome some Speed domes with Face Rec running that keeps record just like my LPR keeps record of plates it captures.. Sure I didn't buy software that I could add for more data harvesting but the cameras are there..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
spleen911

Post by spleen911 »

James ... kinda figured.

I like the covered domes because they are easy to clean and offer some tamper protection. The 1055s ... sent them all back. I also like having the MicroSD inside for an added layer of protection. Great point on location: I have 2 close enough to a light that I get some bleed back (especially when it rains) but that's life. If it was bad enough to kill the image, I'd have moved them.

I had bullets for years but lizards love to lay on them with tail over the lens and if not 10-12ft in the air you can jump/grab (I know from experience) ... no MicroSD inside either.

No worries, these 1028s have been rock solid. The only reason I want the updated firmware is the lack of need for a plug-in. I rarely every have to connect to them so it is no big deal at all ... Dr Santa I'd like new firmware ... whatever kid, your firmware is fine ... I cannot argue. :D