Beta Test Firmware (IP4M-1051 only) WiFI model only OUTDATED

All Beta tests that are current
Forum rules
Caution :!:
The Test Firmware listed below is only for the model(s) listed, using this firmware anywhere else will brick the device.
Test Firmware's have a Time Limit of eligibility and usability, once the Firmware is applied you have up to 6 Months to update to a Stable Firmware. Beta Firmware is NOT a stable release, we greatly appreciate help with the testing process. However, upgrading your device with beta testing firmware you will do so at Your Own Risk. If you run into any urgent issues and or having major issues, please send us an email https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
mromamcrest

Beta Test Firmware (IP4M-1051 only) WiFI model only OUTDATED

Post by mromamcrest »

Amcrest Users,

We welcome all our customers to our Firmware Beta testing. Below are details of how to participate, we will list any new features and known bugs with the new Test Firmware. Let us know your feedback and if you discover any new bugs!

Caution :!:
This Test Firmware is only for the models listed, using this firmware anywhere else will brick the device.
Test Firmware's have a Time Limit of eligibility and usability, once the Firmware is applied you have up to 6 Months to update to a Stable Firmware.

How to Update Firmware
For instructions on how to upgrade the firmware using Mac or PC, please see below links:
Article: https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... e-Firmware
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgSHLm ... u.be&t=185

Firmware changes
Javascript Update
With the new Javascript (JS) update, users will no longer have to use Plugins in order to access the Web User Interface. This will drastically increase the number of supported browsers.

FTP is fixed, users who had issues with FTP not working at all or having their files deleting themselves after a device reset, this should now be resolved.

Microphone Button removed due possible security concern. Will return in the future

Infinite loading issue resolved

Multi-Snapshot removal due to JS limitation. R&D will perform further evaluation for possible future return.

Local Video record removed due possible security concern. Will return in the future.

Test Firmware
For Models IP4M-1051 ONLY
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6p65xa3hjk7w5 ... 4.bin?dl=0

If you have any issues with the Test Firmware and or need to go back to a Stable Firmware, please use the below latest Stable Firmware

Stable Firmware
For Models IP4M-1051 ONLY
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hp5vmgoeevpj ... 1.bin?dl=0

Please leave any feedback, suggestions, or bugs you run into on this forum post. With your help, we hope to be able to address all bugs faster and be able to release the Stable Firmware sooner.

Thank you,
James S.
mromamcrest

Re: Beta Test Firmware (IP4M-1051 only) WiFI model only 06/04/2019

Post by mromamcrest »

we have a new version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro available for beta testing for anyone interested in experiencing and providing feedback on this new test software.

Please use the link below for more information:

https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 109#p25109
Javiot

Post by Javiot »

Audio only works with Chrome, not FF 67.0.4. Works amazing in Chrome, smooth and fast. Well done! If Amcrest does this for the rest of Amcrest line for browser viewing I think their stock will go up. I auto reboot every Wednesday at 6:02am as I've noticed over time connectivity from IP Camera's get choppy if not. When this happens, my camera drops the image down to 720p (1280*720). I was hoping this beta FW would fix it but it did not. Happens on all 4 of my 1051's but not the 841's. Great work on the multi-browser functionality though.
Javiot

Post by Javiot »

One thing everyone should be aware of is the System>Auto Maintain>REBOOT options is gone with this BETA FW. It's not mentioned in the above Firmware changes section. So if you manually reboot remotely from time to time, this option is gone, which makes no sense to me.
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

Javiot,

Thank you for the great feedback and our R&D will further investigate the audio on Firefox and the choppy video over time.
djxpress

Post by djxpress »

UPDATE - disregard below. Works fine now if I log in from the admin account.

The setup menu doesn't seem to work correctly in Chrome or Firefox, only Safari. I cannot access the stream settings, profile settings, etc.

Actually, just restarted Safari again, the setup menu disappeared now. Can't get to the screen that allows me to revert back to previous firmware. If I clear the cookies, the setup menu seems to come back again in Safari.
Javiot

Post by Javiot »

mromamcrest,
if possible, can you have the R&D team see if they can add a switch to make the NIC be 2.4 or 5Ghz? I'd like to set mine to 5, but one is stubborn and always seems to connect at 2.4. Thanks,
Javiot
fox

Post by fox »

The plugin-less live view is great and long-awaited, thanks a bunch!

I have upgraded the firmware from stock version to beta Amcrest_IPC-AWXX-V2-Rhea_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.620.00AC000.3.T.20190604.bin

Under System -> Manager Users, the Authority List seems to have duplicated some items, such as "PTZ". In stock firmware, "PTZ" was not even present. Also, same as stock, I'm having problems creating a new user/group. Simply, I wish to have a new user group that can only do Live+PTZ, but every time I try to add a new user with those, it says "User authorities overlap!".
TahirB

Post by TahirB »

Fox, thanks for the feedback!

I have noted down this specific issue and will verify it is resolved in the next beta firmware for 1051. We hope to have new beta firmware for 1051 in August. If you find any other issues, big or small that you would like addressed, please let us know.
rtj

Post by rtj »

This firmware works in Chrome. Emailing using smtp.gmail.com doesn't work. It immediately tells you "Email test failed" when clicking the 'Email Test' button.