Beta Test Firmware for IP2M-841 ONLY ( New Email Fix)(OUTDATED)

All Beta tests that are current
Forum rules
Caution :!:
The Test Firmware listed below is only for the model(s) listed, using this firmware anywhere else will brick the device.
Test Firmware's have a Time Limit of eligibility and usability, once the Firmware is applied you have up to 6 Months to update to a Stable Firmware. Beta Firmware is NOT a stable release, we greatly appreciate help with the testing process. However, upgrading your device with beta testing firmware you will do so at Your Own Risk. If you run into any urgent issues and or having major issues, please send us an email https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
James.S

Beta Test Firmware for IP2M-841 ONLY ( New Email Fix)(OUTDATED)

Post by James.S »

Caution :!:
This Test Firmware is only for the model listed, using this firmware anywhere else will brick the device.
Test Firmware's have a Time Limit of eligibility and usability, once the Firmware is applied you have up to 6 Months to update to a Stable Firmware. Beta Firmware is NOT a stable release, we greatly appreciate help with the testing process. However, upgrading your device with beta testing firmware you will do so at Your Own Risk. If you run into any urgent issues and or having major issues, please send us an email [email protected]

How to Update Firmware
For instructions on how to upgrade the firmware using Mac or PC, please see below links:
Article: https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... e-Firmware
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgSHLm ... u.be&t=185

Firmware changes:
Javascript Update
With the new Javascript (JS) update, users will no longer have to use Plugins in order to access the Web User Interface. This will drastically increase the number of supported browsers.

(New) Recent issue with Gmail Email notifications is fixed.

FTP is fixed, users who had issues with FTP not working at all or having their files deleting themselves after a device reset, this should now be resolved.

Microphone Button removed due to possible security concern. Will return in the future

Infinite loading issue resolved

Multi-Snapshot removal due to JS limitation. R&D will perform a further evaluation for a possible future return.

Local Video record removed due to possible security concern. Will return in the future.

:!: Caution :!: THIS IS FOR THE IP2M-841 ONLY AT THIS TIME :!: Caution :!:

Test Firmware
For Models IP2M-841 ONLY
Outdated

If you have any issues with the Test Firmware and or need to go back to a Stable Firmware, please use the below latest Stable Firmware

Stable Firmware
For Models IP2M-841, IPM-721 and IPM-HX1 ONLY
Removed: (OUTDATED)

Please leave any feedback, suggestions, or bugs you run into on this forum post. With your help, we hope to be able to address all bugs faster and be able to release the Stable Firmware sooner.

Thank you,
James S.
eclipse

Re: Beta Test Firmware for IP2M-841 ONLY ( New Email Fix)

Post by eclipse »

After installing the test firmware, I no longer have live view in Internet Explorer in Windows 10. When trying to access live view, I encounter a message to download and install the plugin. However, clicking the link to do so results in a 404 page not found error. When I try to access live view in Chrome, there is nothing but a spinning circle (with Amcrest Web View enabled).
James.S

Re: Beta Test Firmware for IP2M-841 ONLY ( New Email Fix)

Post by James.S »

eclipse wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:16 am After installing the test firmware, I no longer have live view in Internet Explorer in Windows 10. When trying to access live view, I encounter a message to download and install the plugin. However, clicking the link to do so results in a 404 page not found error. When I try to access live view in Chrome, there is nothing but a spinning circle (with Amcrest Web View enabled).
I have pushed this to our R&D team, Thank you for this information and the help with our beta test.