Beta Test Firmware (941 and HX2) WiFi models only OUTDATED

All Beta tests that are current
Forum rules
Caution :!:
The Test Firmware listed below is only for the model(s) listed, using this firmware anywhere else will brick the device.
Test Firmware's have a Time Limit of eligibility and usability, once the Firmware is applied you have up to 6 Months to update to a Stable Firmware. Beta Firmware is NOT a stable release, we greatly appreciate help with the testing process. However, upgrading your device with beta testing firmware you will do so at Your Own Risk. If you run into any urgent issues and or having major issues, please send us an email https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
mromamcrest

Beta Test Firmware (941 and HX2) WiFi models only OUTDATED

Post by mromamcrest »

Amcrest Users,

We welcome all our customers to our Firmware Beta testing. Below are details of how to participate, we will list any new features and known bugs with the new Test Firmware. Let us know your feedback and if you discover any new bugs!

Caution :!:
This Test Firmware is only for the models listed, using this firmware anywhere else will brick the device.
Test Firmware's have a Time Limit of eligibility and usability, once the Firmware is applied you have up to 6 Months to update to a Stable Firmware.

How to Update Firmware
For instructions on how to upgrade the firmware using Mac or PC, please see below links:
Article: https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... e-Firmware
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgSHLm ... u.be&t=185

Firmware changes
Javascript Update
With the new Javascript (JS) update, users will no longer have to use Plugins in order to access the Web User Interface. This will drastically increase the number of supported browsers.

FTP is fixed, users who had issues with FTP not working at all or having their files deleting themselves after a device reset, this should now be resolved.

Microphone Button removed due possible security concern. Will return in the future

Infinite loading issue resolved

Multi-Snapshot removal due to JS limitation. R&D will perform further evaluation for possible future return.

Local Video record removed due possible security concern. Will return in the future.

Test Firmware
For Models IP3M-941 and IP3M-HX2 ONLY
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zo3gxsj1da7jo ... 4.bin?dl=0

If you have any issues with the Test Firmware and or need to go back to a Stable Firmware, please use the below latest Stable Firmware

Stable Firmware
For Models IP3M-941 and IP3M-HX2 ONLY
https://s3.amazonaws.com/amcrest-files/ ... 170629.zip

Please leave any feedback, suggestions, or bugs you run into on this forum post. With your help, we hope to be able to address all bugs faster and be able to release the Stable Firmware sooner.

Thank you,
James S.
WilliamA

Re: Beta Test Firmware (941 and HX2) 06/04/2019

Post by WilliamA »

Here are the results of my initial testing:

Safari 12.1.1 On a Mac

Live view:
- Encountered the infinite loading bug on the first log on, afterwards it worked fine.
- Live sound button does not work.
- No selection area zoom button. Only regular zoom functionality.

Playback:
- Calendar does not highlight dates with recordings
- No timeline is displayed to review recordings. The only way to check recording is by clicking on the ‘File List’ button.
- No date ranges selection dropdown are displayed
- No download or crop buttons.

Setup:
- Sometimes, after moving through various settings, the preview windows no longer displays video.

Storage -> Destination:
- There is a black box on the the top right corner that is clickable. Looks like is was supposed to be a button.

Setup -> System -> Auto Maintain:
- No Manual Reboot button.

Firefox 67.0 and Chrome 74.0.3729.169 on a Mac:

Live view:
- Encountered the infinite loading bug on the first log on, afterwards it worked fine.
- No selection area zoom button. Only regular zoom functionality.

Playback:
- No timeline is displayed to review recordings. The only way to check recording is by clicking on the ‘File List’ button.
- No date ranges selection dropdown are displayed
- No download or crop buttons.

Setup -> System -> Auto Maintain:
- No Manual Reboot button.

Storage -> Destination:
- There is a black box on the the top right corner that is clickable. Looks like is was supposed to be a button.
mromamcrest

Re: Beta Test Firmware (941 and HX2) WiFi models only 06/04/2019

Post by mromamcrest »

we have a new version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro available for beta testing for anyone interested in experiencing and providing feedback on this new test software.

Please use the link below for more information:

https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 109#p25109
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Installed the test firmware for IP3M-HX2W.
Note above says plug in is not required in a web browser. With IE, I am still asked to install the plugin. But if I click that then the camera does not go to the correct place to get the plugin. it goes to http://<cameraip>/webplugin.exe and says file not found.
Looks like this firmware is also not working.
Schweinmesser

Post by Schweinmesser »

I updated the firmware to the Betaversion on my IP3M-941 and now I have no PTZ and no ability to configure or setup anything on the camera. I can view live stream and get to the playback tab but nothing much else. When I click on the Setup tab/button, I only get version information and log. I just wanted emails to start working again but I guess this camera junk now. I'm not sure how I can reflash the firmware back to the stable version. :(
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum Schweinmesser.. Sorry to hear about your problem. While I can assure you that Amcrest didn't do anything to make it so your camera don't work. At the top of the post there James.S has the Beta Firmware and the Stable Firmware listed in that post. If you DL the Stable Firmware and Unzip it I am sure you can get it back to where it was before you made the UPDATE. Please note that you want to make sure that the UPDATES are done before camera resets. Don't power off until system has time to update....

Again at the top of this post it say Beta in big letters and Stable under that... Hope you get your camera back to working order.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Schweinmesser

Post by Schweinmesser »

Hi Revem2Maxx,

I know it's Beta and things can happen. I did let the firmware upgrade complete on its own. Anyways, is there an alternate way to put the stable firmware back onto the camera? When I click on Setup on the camera, I don't get any of the configuration options. I only get "Information" and "Log". I attached a screenshot.
Attachments
2019-07-30_6-01-44.jpg
2019-07-30_6-01-44.jpg (63.94 KiB) Viewed 12157 times
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

See if anonymous login got checked.
Schweinmesser

Post by Schweinmesser »

Thanks for the help. I was able to resolve. I logged in using another admin account which had all the settings. Anonymous login was not checked for the affected account. I then removed the affected admin account and then re-added it back in. The account works as expected now. It seems to have been a "feature" of the firmware upgrade.