Beta Test Firmware (841, 721, and HX1) WiFi models only 06/04/2019 (OUTDATED)

All Beta tests that are current
Forum rules
Caution :!:
The Test Firmware listed below is only for the model(s) listed, using this firmware anywhere else will brick the device.
Test Firmware's have a Time Limit of eligibility and usability, once the Firmware is applied you have up to 6 Months to update to a Stable Firmware. Beta Firmware is NOT a stable release, we greatly appreciate help with the testing process. However, upgrading your device with beta testing firmware you will do so at Your Own Risk. If you run into any urgent issues and or having major issues, please send us an email https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
mromamcrest

Beta Test Firmware (841, 721, and HX1) WiFi models only 06/04/2019 (OUTDATED)

Post by mromamcrest »

Amcrest Users,

We welcome all our customers to our Firmware Beta testing. Below are details of how to participate, we will list any new features and known bugs with the new Test Firmware. Let us know your feedback and if you discover any new bugs!

Caution :!:
This Test Firmware is only for the models listed, using this firmware anywhere else will brick the device.
Test Firmware's have a Time Limit of eligibility and usability, once the Firmware is applied you have up to 6 Months to update to a Stable Firmware.

How to Update Firmware
For instructions on how to upgrade the firmware using Mac or PC, please see below links:
Article: https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... e-Firmware
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgSHLm ... u.be&t=185

Firmware changes
Javascript Update
With the new Javascript (JS) update, users will no longer have to use Plugins in order to access the Web User Interface. This will drastically increase the number of supported browsers.

FTP is fixed, users who had issues with FTP not working at all or having their files deleting themselves after a device reset, this should now be resolved.

Microphone Button removed due possible security concern. Will return in the future

Infinite loading issue resolved

Multi-Snapshot removal due to JS limitation. R&D will perform further evaluation for possible future return.

Local Video record removed due possible security concern. Will return in the future.

Test Firmware
For Models IP2M-841, IPM-721, and IP2M-HX1 ONLY
Removed (OUTDATED)

If you have any issues with the Test Firmware and or need to go back to a Stable Firmware, please use the below latest Stable Firmware

Stable Firmware
For Models IP2M-841 and IP2M-HX1 ONLY
Removed (OUTDATED)

Please leave any feedback, suggestions, or bugs you run into on this forum post. With your help, we hope to be able to address all bugs faster and be able to release the Stable Firmware sooner.

Thank you,
James S.
imit8

Re: Beta Test Firmware (841, 721, and HX1) 06/04/2019

Post by imit8 »

Please advise whether this beta firmware works for model IP2M-841E (the Ethernet model) or only IP2M-841 (the wi-fi model).
mromamcrest

Re: Beta Test Firmware (841, 721, and HX1) 06/04/2019

Post by mromamcrest »

imit8.

This is only for the WiFi model. The two versions do not share firmware and applying it to the "E" versions may cause the camera to malfunction.

Thanks,

Amcrest Support
CosmikDebris

Re: Beta Test Firmware (841, 721, and HX1) WiFi models only 06/04/2019

Post by CosmikDebris »

Applied this yesterday to my 841. It seems to have fixed the blank screen when setting up detection areas, and, when testing ftp, it said it was successful.
"I might be moving to Montana soon."
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

CosmikDebris wrote:Applied this yesterday to my 841. It seems to have fixed the blank screen when setting up detection areas, and, when testing ftp, it said it was successful.

Thank you for the feedback and if anything else comes up, please feel free to let us know here.
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

we have a new version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro available for beta testing for anyone interested in experiencing and providing feedback on this new test software.

Please use the link below for more information:

https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 109#p25109
adambiser

Post by adambiser »

Hi, I just want to confirm that this is for the 720P (IPM-721S).

I would also like to clarify what "Multi-Snapshot removal due to JS limitation." means. Has the ability to take multiple snapshots during a Video Detection/Motion Detect event has been removed? Or is this referirng to the "Triple Snapshot" button on the live view (in browser)?
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

adambiser,

adambiser wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:20 am Hi, I just want to confirm that this is for the 720P (IPM-721S).
Correct, this would usable on all color varieties which is indicated by the last letter. In your case, it would be the silver color version of this model.

The only version that is excluded is the PoE version which is indicated by a letter "E" located before the color. This firmware is not for the PoE version and using for this version may brick the camera.
I would also like to clarify what "Multi-Snapshot removal due to JS limitation." means. Has the ability to take multiple snapshots during a Video Detection/Motion Detect event has been removed? Or is this referirng to the "Triple Snapshot" button on the live view (in browser)?

Certain features that were available before were due the plug in performing the task as in the case of multiple snapshots. This would affect all aspects of multiple snapshots. Multiple snapshots being included in emails and live view. To my understanding with our R&D team, single snapshots will still be available and not affected. If you do happen to experience any issues with single snapshot, please provide us the feedback and our R&D team will further investigate.

Unfortunately, JS is not able to perform these tasks since it will not have a plug in to help perform the functions. It will be a feature that has to be reworked completely with JS firmware and may need more time before it is re-implemented on a future firmware.
adambiser

Post by adambiser »

Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully multiple snapshots can be re-implemented soon. One snapshot per motion event isn't enough, in my opinion.

The latest stable firmware limits the snapshots to 1, 3, or 5, but I have a workaround to do more. I'm currently using IP2M-841_IPM-721_V2.520.AC00.18.R.20170629 even though 721 isn't listed as supported above. I'll try out the beta when I can. I'd like to have that FTP file deletion bug fix.
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

adambiser,

Thank you for the feedback and I will relay the concern to our R&D team. The current plan is to re-implement as quickly as possible but unfortunately no ETA currently set for the re-implementation.
The latest stable firmware limits the snapshots to 1, 3, or 5, but I have a workaround to do more.
I kind of wonder if your workaround may work with JS and if so I would like to present it to our R&D team as possible solution as they evaluate options. Please let us know if you do happen to try this out.

Thank you for assisting with our beta testing and look forward to hear your feedback and results from the testing.