Beta Test Firmware (841, 721, and HX1) 05/09/2019 ( OUTDATED)

All Beta tests that are current
Forum rules
Caution :!:
The Test Firmware listed below is only for the model(s) listed, using this firmware anywhere else will brick the device.
Test Firmware's have a Time Limit of eligibility and usability, once the Firmware is applied you have up to 6 Months to update to a Stable Firmware. Beta Firmware is NOT a stable release, we greatly appreciate help with the testing process. However, upgrading your device with beta testing firmware you will do so at Your Own Risk. If you run into any urgent issues and or having major issues, please send us an email https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
James.S

Beta Test Firmware (841, 721, and HX1) 05/09/2019 ( OUTDATED)

Post by James.S »

Amcrest Users,

We welcome all our customers to our Firmware Beta testing. Below are details of how to participate, we will list any new features and known bugs with the new Test Firmware. Let us know your feedback and if you discover any new bugs!

Caution :!:
This Test Firmware is only for the models listed, using this firmware anywhere else will brick the device.
Test Firmware's have a Time Limit of eligibility and usability, once the Firmware is applied you have up to 6 Months to update to a Stable Firmware.

How to Update Firmware
For instructions on how to upgrade the firmware using Mac or PC, please see below links:
Article: https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... e-Firmware
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgSHLm ... u.be&t=185

Firmware Features
Javascript Update
With the new Javascript (JS) update, users will no longer have to use Plugins in order to access the Web User Interface. This will drastically increase the number of supported browsers.

FTP is fixed, users who had issues with FTP not working at all or having their files deleting themselves after a device reset, this should now be resolved.

Test Firmware
For Models IP2M-841, IPM-721, and IP2M-HX1 ONLY
OUTDATED

If you have any issues with the Test Firmware and or need to go back to a Stable Firmware, please use the below latest Stable Firmware

Stable Firmware
For Models IP2M-841 and IP2M-HX1 ONLY
Removed (OUTDATED)

Known Issues
  1. Microphone Button doesn't work
  2. Multi-Snapshot doesn't work
  3. Internet Explorer may erroneously ask for the plugin
  4. Firefox and Edge Browsers not supporting Audio
  5. Chrome and Safari browsers sometimes have 'infinite loading' bug on the camera feed
Please leave any feedback, suggestions, or bugs you run into on this forum post. With your help, we hope to be able to address all bugs faster and be able to release the Stable Firmware sooner.

Thank you,
James S.
t84a

Re: Beta Test Firmware (841, 721, and HX1) 05/09/2019

Post by t84a »

I'm in. Thanks
piter

Post by piter »

changelog?
James.S

Post by James.S »

piter wrote:changelog?
No changelog at this time as this is a completely new platform and not a newly built plugin. When we continue to update the new Javascript platform I'm sure there will be changelogs added.

@jasinSwift,
JasinSwift wrote:Hey,
So good, no need to use plugin anymore. Yeah! I one question, what about javascript UI framework? That was update as well? Thanks in advance.
From what I understand we have not made any changes in the Javascript UI, However, I could be wrong as I sent in an inquiry for all the changes that have and will continue to be made to the platform. They might have changed something within the UI that they have not alerted me to.

Was there something in specific you were looking for that I can requestion information about?
CosmikDebris

Post by CosmikDebris »

Hello.
Just registered and wanted to post that, I had FTP issues with my 841, so came here for the beta firmware. It didn't fix my problem, but it may have been a setting somewhere that is now fine and working.
What I did find with this beta is that I can no longer set detection areas. I only get the camera view but no ability to toggle and area off/on.
Be talking to you all a lot over time, I'm certain. On my last period away from home I received a few false trigger alerts, most likely caused by light changing in the room (clouds blocking sun at window or just the auto day/night setting. I will try to change the detection areas once I have that ability again, but can change the sensitivity setting for now. Does a higher setting mean more sensitive or am I thinking incorrectly on that?
Thanks
"I might be moving to Montana soon."
James.S

Post by James.S »

CosmikDebris wrote:Hello.
Just registered and wanted to post that, I had FTP issues with my 841, so came here for the beta firmware. It didn't fix my problem, but it may have been a setting somewhere that is now fine and working.
What I did find with this beta is that I can no longer set detection areas. I only get the camera view but no ability to toggle and area off/on.
Be talking to you all a lot over time, I'm certain. On my last period away from home I received a few false trigger alerts, most likely caused by light changing in the room (clouds blocking sun at window or just the auto day/night setting. I will try to change the detection areas once I have that ability again, but can change the sensitivity setting for now. Does a higher setting mean more sensitive or am I thinking incorrectly on that?
Thanks
Thank you for the feedback on the beta test firmware, I will be sending it directly to the R&D team.

Higher sensitivity will increase the motion detection likeliness, if you are tying to avoid the alerts to light change you would want lower sensitivity.
CosmikDebris

Post by CosmikDebris »

Thanks, but my confusion over sliding the adjustment still exists. In some instances the sensitivity control adjusts the amount of the area required to create an alert, meaning that if only 10 % of the area gets stimulated, you get alert, vs 80%. Common logic would be that a lower number would desensitize. So is it the later? In my case, slide from 60 to maybe 40?
CosmikDebris

Post by CosmikDebris »

I downloaded the surveillance pro software and that is an adequate workaround for the issue with the beta firmware on not being able to see the detection areas.
rskoey

Post by rskoey »

Just for peoples awareness. On a 721W I upgraded to the beta firmware, I also had HTTPS enabled, and after the upgrade the device kept rebooting/restarting/crashing (observed through PING monitoring). It would respond to pings for about a min or so, then stop responding for 20 - 30 seconds, and just keep repeating.

Factory reset, and device came up no problems with the correct new beta firmware, however I was able to reproduce the above symptoms by enabling HTTPS via the web interface.
James.S

Post by James.S »

rskoey wrote:Just for peoples awareness. On a 721W I upgraded to the beta firmware, I also had HTTPS enabled, and after the upgrade the device kept rebooting/restarting/crashing (observed through PING monitoring). It would respond to pings for about a min or so, then stop responding for 20 - 30 seconds, and just keep repeating.

Factory reset, and device came up no problems with the correct new beta firmware, however I was able to reproduce the above symptoms by enabling HTTPS via the web interface.

I will be passing this information to our R&D team Thank you very much for your efforts in testing, What did you think over all?