Beta Test Firmware (2499, 2496, 2493) PoE models only 06/21/2019

All Beta tests that are current
Forum rules
Caution :!:
The Test Firmware listed below is only for the model(s) listed, using this firmware anywhere else will brick the device.
Test Firmware's have a Time Limit of eligibility and usability, once the Firmware is applied you have up to 6 Months to update to a Stable Firmware. Beta Firmware is NOT a stable release, we greatly appreciate help with the testing process. However, upgrading your device with beta testing firmware you will do so at Your Own Risk. If you run into any urgent issues and or having major issues, please send us an email https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
mupimohan

Re: Beta Test Firmware (2499, 2496, 2493) PoE models only 06/21/2019

Post by mupimohan »

Another issue. After the update I am not able to save the changes made to the motion detection schedule. if I make changes and click the save button I dont get the message "Save Successful". When I come out of the Motion Detection menu and go back, the changes I made to the schedule are not saved.

This firmware is a total disaster.
Last edited by mupimohan on Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Here is another one. "Cloud Storage Logo" ???
It is supposed to be just "Cloud Storage"
Attachments
Cloud_Storage_Logo.jpg
Cloud_Storage_Logo.jpg (8.56 KiB) Viewed 9458 times
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Another one. It is "Configuration" and not "Conditions"

Similarly. It is "Setup" and not "Setting"

Why do you change the terminology that the users are already familiar with?
Attachments
condition.jpg
condition.jpg (17.75 KiB) Viewed 9456 times
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Does anyone from Amcrest care to respond to the issues?

I need a solution to be able to revert back to the stable firmware and also be able to download the files from the SD card using the web browser (Chrome or IE)
so.
mromamcrest

Post by mromamcrest »

mupimohan

Your feedback is important to us and our R&D team has been informed of this feedback. Please be on the look out for next Beta firmware. However, we do make it clear this a Beta firmware and should be treated "Please Use at your own risk". Our R&D team do perform tests prior to posting the beta firmware to be sure of the firmware would not brick a camera completely.

Please reach out to us at [email protected] and we can see what options are available.

Stable firmware link is provided on the first post of this topic.
As far any other stable firmware, we currently would not have one available. The firmware link provided is the most current firmware on our website.

Stable Firmware
For Models IP8M-2493, IP8M-2496 and IP8M-T2499 ONLY
https://amcrest-firmwares.s3.amazonaws. ... 180625.bin

Terminology is not intended to changed and this will be corrected before final release is made. Thank you again for the feedback provided.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I dont think you read my posts carefully.

The problem is that the camera is not reverting back to the stable firmware when I tried to install the stable firmware. If I try to upgrade to the stable firmware, it says version is too low. Please go back and see the images I posted.

I dont need to waste anymore time calling your offshore tech support and explaining everything when I have already posted all the details here. So please go read the posts I have posted to understand the problem and stop giving the same generic reply of asking us to reach out to you when I have already reached out in this forum with all the details.

Here are the major problems in brief. Go back and read all my posts.

1) Cant go back to the stable firmware after installing the buggy test firmware
2) When I was using the stable firmware before, I was not able to download the recordings from the SD card using the web interface (Chrome or IE). If you find a way to go back to the stable firmware, then you have to find a way to download the files from the SD card.

Please talk to your R&D folks and post the solution here. There is no point in wasting my time explaining everything to your offshore team when I have already spent the time to post the details here.

BTW please dont give me the "use at your own risk" excuse. You guys wanted us to use it and give you feedback. Then you should also be responsible for all the negative effects it has. At least reverting back to the stable version should work. But that is not working. Dont give that option if that option is not working.

I know I can return the camera. But even if I buy a new one, I will still have the same problem of not being able to download the files from the SD card using the web interface and you guys need to find a solution for that.
Last edited by mupimohan on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Your team probably did some tests but I really doubt if they checked if it is possible to go back to the stable firmware after installing the test firmware.

If I try to install the stable firmware, it is not working. See the image below. I already posted this on page 1 but I dont think you really read all my posts in detail.
Attachments
failed.jpg
failed.jpg (21.78 KiB) Viewed 9427 times
bill875

Post by bill875 »

Any updates for these models? It has been quite some time since the last communication. Also wanted to say that you could charge $30 more for these cameras if they included IVS/Tripwire. Amcrest, are you listening???
James.S

Post by James.S »

@bill875

Welcome to the forum!

We are still working to resolve some issues with the high MP cameras, However, also agree with you these features are a great idea and we are looking to bring them into some of our products.

Don't tell anyone but there are a few products that have theses advanced features being tested for viability right now :P

If you have any other suggestions or concerns feel free to let me know via a PM or a post in the Forum.

Have a great week!
danaroode

Post by danaroode »

Question - what are the fixes/new features of this beta firmware? I understand this is not the java one yet, which we all look forward to.

Dana