Works over LTE without UPnP and port forwarding!?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
sidamos

Works over LTE without UPnP and port forwarding!?

Post by sidamos »

I am using the Android app with an IP2M-841B-V3. I have not enabled UPnP for the camera and also not for my router. And I did not add forwarded ports for the camera.
But when I switch off WiFi and use LTE, the app still finds the camera and works.
How can that be? I am confused.
I know that this works for other brands like TP-Link, where the camera connects to their cloud but that is not the case with Amcrest. Or at least so I thought.

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Works over LTE without UPnP and port forwarding!?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is because your Camera and Device with App is using P2P and that comes setup over the system turned on by Default and is Secure and Million times more secure then trying to Forward Ports... This is a Feature that can be turned off but to be honest why would you? This type of camera I would not Forward any ports and leave my Security system able to be Hacked by SOME CREEP that talks to my Child or does things to make my Personally safety feel unsafe...

Again you can turn this off, Log into the WebUI and then go to Setup, then Network, TCP/IP and in there should be an area for P2P if you uncheck that box it will after 2 hours stop contacting the Servers outside your network to keep contact for ease of use for the end user if they needed it.. Sadly it won't function if un checked but will contact the server for upto a couple of hours after turning it off...
Be Safe.
sidamos

Re: Works over LTE without UPnP and port forwarding!?

Post by sidamos »

Thanks, I did not see that setting. It is good that it can be turned off, in case someone prefers VPN.