Weird Glitch/Issue

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
GCS

Weird Glitch/Issue

Post by GCS »

No idea where the problem lies, and Amcrest phone/email support couldn't figure it out. Let me break it down...

- I have a TV plugged DIRECTLY into my DVR box to view the 8 cameras I have.
- 1 of the 8 cameras will not show any feed, but ONLY when the "view" is set to 9 panels or greater.
- That camera cannot be seen AT ALL view the mobile app or amcrestview.com
- The SAME camera is unviewable regardless of setting it anywhere D1 to D8
- The camera DOES WORK 100% on the DVR and on the TV (in 8 panel or less view)
- If I am in 9 panel view, the "KB/s" for that camera shows 0, but as mentioned above that's clear not the case since it works in other views.

What is wrong here? Why is the feed so selectively dysfunctional?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Weird Glitch/Issue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Show some Pics might get some better idea of what is going on.

Pic of Encoding for the camera. If using WebUI for Pics please post Main and Sub channel Encoding. Aka Camera info like this
Screenshot (3661).png
Screenshot (3661).png (161.53 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GCS

Post by GCS »

Screenshots below...

As described before, here you can see the camera NOT working in a 9 panel view, but it IS WORKING in the 4 panel view...
CameraWorkingAndNot.jpg
CameraWorkingAndNot.jpg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 1840 times

As requested, here's the encoding screens. I haven't changed any of it ever since the system was setup and it had been working flawlessly for 3 years. I hadn't noticed though, that channel 1 (the problem channel) is the ONLY one that has the substream settings locked out...
CameraEncoding.jpg
CameraEncoding.jpg (607.99 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

When you say, " settings locked out... " do you mean that you have tried to enable the sub stream but can't do it. What happens when you click on the sub stream box?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
GCS

Post by GCS »

The sub stream box is checked for channel 1, but I cannot click on anything, or rather, there is no response to clicking anything there.
Channel 2 (through 8) as seen in the right half of the pic, I can do anything I want.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok Well personally I would make a Ticket with Amcrest and see if there is an issue after you try this and I know this will be a pain but might as well get it out of the way now.

First what model DVR are you using?

Second, Please make sure that it is an issue with Camera or maybe an issue with Device. Remove the cable from Ch1 and put on Ch2 and once you do this bring up 9ch and see of the Sub Channel is working on Ch2 and just not on CH1 still. If it is (the camera working right in ch2) go to Third if it isn't working then the camera is damaged or if it is able to be Reset try to Reset it Look at forth step to reset camera.

Third, I would go to the Amcrest FW page and see if there is a Firmware for your Model. Even if it is the same one that you have now. If there is DL and install the FW. If you don't have a Thumb Drive you can DL to your computer and Log into the WebUI of the DVR and do the install from your local computer. Once it is installed again install it even if it is the same FW that you already have on the device. Now before the next step I would double check all your channels motion setup so you can setup again to that after the fact. PLEASE DON'T EXPORT YOUR CONFIG.. IF you were to import it back it could just put things right back like it is now. Once you have all your Channel info remembered so you will have an easier time after this next and one of the hardest steps if it was a NVR. However with a DVR it isn't so bad. You will want to do a Factory Reset. Once the system is done you will have to setup the new password, pattern, change recording details (I change from Full time to Motion, alarm and IVS) and for all channels. Then you will want to do the same for Snapshots to Motion alarm and IVS if your machine is AI.. once you are done with setup you will then need to go in and change all the motion info or IVS info back to how you had it setup

Forth, Form GUI of the DVR in the channel for your camera, right click, PTZ Control, click the over button to the right, then at the top of that extra box click the icon that looks like a Camera at the far right. Camera Menu is what is listed in my DVR/NVR's. Then a Menu might come up (Not all Amcrest Analog Cameras offer a OSD) it might say Menu, 1 Video - Out 2 Language, 3 Setup and 4 exit as in the case of the one I am looking at of mine. Using the down arrow of the box that came up move down to 3 Setup. Then for my Camera the next box under setup all the way down to 10 is Reset. This will Reset my Camera back to Factory Defaults. Once that is done check to see if your Sub Channel is working as expected..

If not and your system is still under Warranty and you bought from Amcrest or one of the Resellers I would double check a Ticket with Amcrest about having a New Camera RMA'd Keep in mind this might be a Pain because some systems might require the RMA of the whole system and not just the Camera with any luck this isn't the case for you and they can just get a Camera out for your system rather then making you pull it all..
Screenshot (3671).png
Screenshot (3671).png (1.66 MiB) Viewed 1829 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a picture as I mention from GUI the first picture was from WebUI you can access both ways but GUI is better seeing easier to setup after a Reset anyway from GUI..
Screenshot (3672).png
Screenshot (3672).png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1828 times
Be Safe
GCS

Post by GCS »

Thanks for the detailed response, Revo!

- The model I have is an NV4108
- I had Amcrest support help for approx a month, but they couldn't figure out the problem (and it just started working, but recently the issue has started again)
- I have done updates on both the NVR and camera
- I can't swap the cables since there is only 1 in the back of the box (Cat 5), but I have swapped cables in ther router. *(setup explained more below)
- The warranty is expired (the system was working flawlessly for 3 years prior to this issue)
- I've never messed with the encoding before, it's all default.

The setup...
The NVR is connected via network cable to a dedicated router. That router is connected to the modem for internet access and has 2 cameras directly connected to it (one of which is having the problem). The other 6 cameras are connected with additional routers along the way to split the cable as needed. The system is completely hardwired and has approx 500+ feet of Cat 5 cable to reach all the cameras.

My apologies if there's any confusion with my talk of a "camera not working" since I don't really suspect the problem lies with the camera (it DOES work perfectly when I can see it). I don't suspect the router being an issue since 7 other cameras work without issue at all. I've thought the problem might be with the NVR itself or software on it since the entire issue is really just a "display setting" problem basically. I don't know that it would/could affect other displays like the phone app or WebUI.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK sorry I was going off the idea that your were working with a DVR as in your first post "- I have a TV plugged DIRECTLY into my DVR box to view the 8 cameras I have."

Sorry the info I gave was for use with a DVR. Being on a NVR that is a different issue.

So loads of things here.. First on one of my machines, 4116E-HS I get a lot of the time Over Encoding issues as the NVR has issues with all the channels trying to load in Main View mode on all channels in every mode. at times it will fix it self and others it just sits there with a Black Screen.

So this brings me to a Interesting issue. On my ch1 that I have connected to a AD410 it loaded a Very Strange Sub Channel setting that I have after fixing this issue I have yet to have come back again. So every time I would go into a 9ch Split it would just Black out Ch1 because it was moved to Sub channel rather then Main. That was because that channel was trying to load in 720x576 rather than VGA of 640x480 and after making that adjustment I have not had an issue again.

So how do you fix it. Well now that I know your talking about a NVR and IP cameras it is best to log into your IP camera going to the IP address of the camera. Seeing you said you only have 1 cord then I am guessing it isn't a POE connected to the NVR. So to get to that IP you can get there from the NVR WebUI if you don't know the IP of the camera. Just go to your NVR WebUI, then camera Device List area and then click on the e next to the camera you want to connect to. (For others with POE NVR you can do the same thing it just will connect on your NVR's IP with a port number connected to it) for Non POE NVR's it will just take you to the Cameras IP address.. For me my Normal IP is 10.0.0.xxx the Picture NVR POE Switch IP is 10.10.10.xxx

Once you log into the Camera WebUI, Then go to the COG at the Top right, Then you will want to go to the Encoding of the camera and make sure your 1 That the Sub Channel is even turned on. It might be that your camera has 2 sub channels and someone has setup the second one and that is why your not able to access the first one. Just some ideas. ONce you are able to either enable it, Or make a change it should be updated into your NVR as well..
Screenshot (3675).png
Screenshot (3675).png (199.91 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So on one of my cameras I turned off Sub channel and only have Main and 2 left. When I try to connect to sub1 0 is displayed with black screen. My guess is that your Camera might have sub Turned off. However if it is on, and in the WebUI you can click the view for both Sub and main then the next thing is to Reset the Camera to Factory and setup again.
Screenshot (3677).png
Screenshot (3677).png (228.46 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
Screenshot (3678).png
Screenshot (3678).png (2.21 MiB) Viewed 1243 times
Screenshot (3679).png
Screenshot (3679).png (2.63 MiB) Viewed 1243 times
Be Safe