Weird Glitch/Issue

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
GCS

Re: Weird Glitch/Issue

Post by GCS »

Many thanks for the detail. No luck yet though.
Additional notes worth mentioning...
- I set up the system myself originally, and no one else has "login access" (so no one else is/has fiddled with the setup)
- The entire system has always been and is about as default as can be other than names/passwords. It's only really been used as plug-and-play so the premises can be monitored and recordings be save if something happens. (so no real out of the ordnary setup, encoding, etc...)

I can access the camera 3 ways (Amcrest Pro "PC app", Config Tool, and WebUI/IP), and I've noticed it's not consisant... (screens below)

Via the "App" and Config Tool it all seems the same...
ASP screen 1.jpg
ASP screen 1.jpg (314.99 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
Unless I try to save a change, or sav without changing anything, I get this... (the bit stream is THE SAME as the other 7 working cameras)
ASP screen 2.jpg
ASP screen 2.jpg (325.37 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
Setup screen via Config Tool for comparison...
Config Tool.jpg
Config Tool.jpg (589.67 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
GCS

Post by GCS »

Via the WebUI/IP login however, the settings look different than the rest... (Encode mode shows 264 instead of 265 like the others and sub stream is NOT enabled)
WebIP screen 1.jpg
WebIP screen 1.jpg (295.61 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
I can pick a few things from the dropdowns for the main stream (subs are blank), but regardless of what I select it reverts to what it was before instantly...
WebIP screen 2.jpg
WebIP screen 2.jpg (293.72 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
I can click enable for the sub stream and hit save, but then it just "resets" again anyway. It's as if I can see everything, but can modify anything at all.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah there is an issue.

Oddly I had a camera while I was messing around with things go all out of wack on me. Now my issue was easy to fix and not sure why or how it was caused. But what I found in my case was that in the setting I had for sub channel it blocked my ability to have jpg made. Even though the images were of higher encoding.. What I am not sure of if it was one of my NVR's or sending commands from Linux either way I could fix my issue.. Mine was caused while message around testing trying to help you with this..

Here is where things get little harder as not many people have loads of extra hardware. However have you tried to reset one of the cameras outside of the NVR environment?

One problem that it might be, Your NVR is forcing the camera to run in h.265 when it wants to run in h.264h. (this is a guess) and some NVR's have a option to force setting. By doing so it could cause all cameras that don't want to run in that mode to have issues.

So here is what I would do, Remove one of the cameras, Reset it to factory, Setup camera in ASP on PC-NVR for testing and try it using factory settings of the camera. (You can do without PC-NVR if the camera has Micro Sd installed) was just saying as a way to keep recording ASP is a way for testing. If you get images to work after resetting the camera to factory and in stand alone mode. Then check the Camera Details and after having that info, then try to add the camera again. If the camera once added to the NVR makes it trip out again then you will need to reset NVR back and setup might even have to Reset all the cameras back to factory and setup again

H.265 isn't always good on all cameras even if the camera came with option for use.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

sorry sometime I ask questions I have asked because I at times forget working with more then 1 person and already asked you about NVR yet I asked again because also helping another person that I don't know what NVR so at times I think helping a different person.

So. I would reset camera back to factory. Reset NVR back to factory make sure no force h.265 is not checked. and see if it will work right
Be Safe.
GCS

Post by GCS »

No apology needed, I appreciate all the time and effort you've put in trying to help me sort this out.

I have reset the camera to default via the NVR and reset via the button on the camera as well, but still in the same situation (which I'll restate, so you don't have to ask again lol)...
The camera DOES work, I CAN view it's feed without issue, but ONLY via the NVR or Amcrest Program (PC), and only when view it alone or up to the "8-panel" view; 9 or more "panels" and it's only a black screen. Additionally, while I CAN see it in 1 to 8 panel views in those 2 ways, I can NOT see it at all, in any view via the mobile app. ...and it did work nearly 3 years perfectly fine, then this issue started with no known changes to the system.

Can't say security systems are my area of expertise, but I've been an IT Manager for more than 10 years, and a "tech guy" more than that ...and I've never been more baffled at a "tech issue" than this. O.O
GCS

Post by GCS »

BREAKTHRU!

I have the camera showing in other apps and webUI when I switch it to "Main Stream", but I can't find a way to change that on the NVR view (i.e. on the TV screen connected direectly to the NVR).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you move your mouse to the top center of your screen in each window of the grid, you should be able to change from 1 type of view to another even on smaller or larger grids. However keep in mind that there is a Max bit that your system will be able to display.. Should be top center of the screen on the right of the icons that come up. Most times depending on what grid your on it most times will show S1. So if you click that and could/should give you options for S2 and Main if your camera has them. In your case with S1 not working that is very strange.

Yes in App you would want to click on the 3 dots with lines on the top left, Then click the device manager, device, down at bottom it will have view type change it from Extra to main and start live view.. IT will always load in that, However keep in mind your NVR will no you will have to make that change every time you leave that grid view or if the NVR reboots like I have mine to do every night.
Be Safe.
GCS

Post by GCS »

Thanks! Thought that was going to be the end of it, but alas... I have 3 options with the "top center"; Main, S1, and S2. S1 and S2 are just black screens and "main" gives me a flicker of "over decode ability" (this is all on the "9 panel view" where it wouldn't work before).

On the 8 panel view, where I could already see everything, the main stream works perfectly fine, but S1 and S2 are black screens of nothingness.