View Pro App push notifications for human detection

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
blauricella

View Pro App push notifications for human detection

Post by blauricella »

I am trying to get only push notifications for human and vehicle detection. I have all AI equipment. When I enable my push notifications for human and vehicle detection, I get nothing, no notifications. But if I set my MOTION push notifications, I get notifications for everything. Am I missing something?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: View Pro App push notifications for human detection

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

Last I knew Amcrest View Pro on Cell phones didn't support AI hardware? It might be that I am using an older version and my App store don't have one offered for update. I am using 4.2.015 that was built 12-04-2020..

So I have also been asking for an update to the app.

So I do have a work around there is only 2 issues with this idea. 1 the notices while you will get them because of how you have to setup the App it will not save to go back to at a later time in the app.. 2nd issue is that when you get the notice and your away from home you can't just click the Event and watch the cameras playback, or images and or see the Live view from that app. However it does work all the AI that is offered and then some that isn't..

Anyway the App is Called DMSS, It is made by Dahua and works on all the Amcrest cameras as long as you install them using IP format. If you were to try to install the camera or your AI DVR/NVR in the app with Serial Number it won't load. So what does that mean. It means that while at the house you can click the app notice and play back as it happens or live view no issue. When away I just get the notice and load in my Amcrest App to view the playback or live view if it was found to be important enough. Most times I just return home and watch off my DVR or NVR's and use the notice as time line while away...

Out side of that until the App is update only AI it offers is Face Detection or Motion/audio
Be Safe.
Jay668

Post by Jay668 »

First check on the camera level to make sure an AI detection is actually triggered; if the camera didn't trigger anything, the rest won't do anything.
The camera itself has a Log page under the system info section where you can check if any motion, ivs or whatever has triggered.

If nothing on the camera level, make sure the relevant function is enabled in the Smart Plan section.
Adding rules to various function page doesn't enable them; also need to actually enable that function in the Smart Plan page.

Once confirmed working on the camera level, check on the NVR's AI search to confirm that the NVR has those records.
The NVR is responsible for pushing out the message.

If the camera is added to the mobile app (or whatever management software) directly via p2p or whatever means, then the camera is responsible for making the push.
Check the mobile push function on the camera's setting.
Jay668

Post by Jay668 »

An update and correction after some testing:
The camera's log doesn't register any IVS actually, only for motion.

The Path on the camera needs to be enabled for IVS events to record on the NVR.
I don't record to SD card so I unchecked all the paths (the 3 locals that are checked by default), then started to scratch my head for hours why IVS stopped working :lol: