Videos exporting to the wrong aspect ratio

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
luvdogzz3

Videos exporting to the wrong aspect ratio

Post by luvdogzz3 »

Hello. I am on iOS 17 and when I select any video and export to my camera roll, the aspect ratio is not correct. It exports as 1440 x 1616 rather than 1920 x 1080. This was also an issue in iOS 15 and 16. I’ve attached a screenshot for reference.
Attachments
IMG_0168.jpeg
IMG_0168.jpeg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 5321 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Videos exporting to the wrong aspect ratio

Post by Revo2Maxx »

What camera are you working with? That seems very odd..
Be Safe.
luvdogzz3

Post by luvdogzz3 »

Hi Revo. They are cameras attached to my DVR system, model AMDV5M8-4TN-W-2TB. Camera model is A5TN28-W

https://amcrest.com/catalog/product/vie ... egory/160/
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok next question is did you happen to change your format to something other then 5mp format? Or is it still running the normal 5mp in your DVR? I asked about what camera you were using because the picture looked like 5mp and that is correct so far.

Problem is that when you export a video it isn't always going to show up what you have your phone forced to show in live view. So what I mean is if you happen to have your Live View setup to show a 1080P format that isn't how it is going to export that is only for Viewing..

Next I own this camera as well, I am wondering did you change the camera format to 1080P and it is still setup to record in 5mp? If you have not done this I would look at that. Bring up your DVR PTZ menu on the camera. Expand it then at the far right click the camera it will pop up OSD menu, Then second line down should show the format that it is setup for. Click that to the right (Moving the line to work on down to that line pressing the down arrow on the OSD screen) then once you are there click to the right the options are 5mp, 4mp and 1080P if you want in 1080 make sure it says that. Also for the camera to work 100% if it isnt set for CVI you will want to change that on the wire toggle to CVI. This will be the best format for the Amcrest DVR's. IF it is in AHD or TVI things will work in the DVR but camera isn't 100% to what it could be while working in CVI..
Be Safe.
luvdogzz3

Post by luvdogzz3 »

Thank you. I am not seeing the same menus you are describing, but I did attach photos of what I see. All of my cameras are set the same - HDCVI and the resolution is 1920 x 1080. Is this what you are referring to?
Attachments
IMG_0172.jpeg
IMG_0172.jpeg (134.79 KiB) Viewed 5310 times
IMG_0171.jpeg
IMG_0171.jpeg (267.17 KiB) Viewed 5310 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, That Resolution that you're talking about is for the Video device it is connected to AKA your Monitor or TV.

So bring up the camera window of the camera you want to work with. If you have say in 4 view double click the channel you want to work with, Then right click the screen and choose PTZ Control, Then on the first area hit the icon going to the right > then in there it will show a camera at the top press the camera it will pop up the cameras OSD (Menu) Main Menu, IT will start with Format then show Resolution, then backlight and so on. Using the PTZ menu arrows press down once, then change that to your 1080 you want to use. (Change the formats by pressing the right arrow on PTZ Menu. Once you get to the format you want then then scroll down to EXIT and it will save or ask to save I can't remember right now as i have to many cameras that just auto save and I don't remember if the Amcrest is normally setup with auto save turn on or off.. There is an option in Advanced page of the OSD though.. Anyway that should get you to the 1080 that you asking for,, JUst keep in mind that your VIEW area will change because the 5mp format is LONG where the 4mp and 1080P aka 2mp is wide view.
Be Safe.
luvdogzz3

Post by luvdogzz3 »

Got it! I right-clicked on each camera in the live view > Camera Property and I found the settings. I changed them all to 4mp. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok there is that as well. Just keep in mind that only gives you Info for Amcrest Format camera. I don't use that because it don't change all formats of cameras that I use and or all the features that are in the camera. So I know you might be thinking that PTZ menu won't help but it does because even on Static cameras that has OSD using the PTZ menu is how you get there. In some of my cameras because of the age I have to start the Menu by a Preset and in some using Iris open or closed. However in the OSD of the cameras that offer them there is a lot of options that can make things work better for your camera. Camera Property you don't have access to the Mic and light info. Like you can change the Volume for the Mic in the PTZ OSD menu where you can't in the Property page. Also many things you can do. Even add in a Camera name. I know that you have one in the DVR but you can also put one in the camera that will be retained into the cameras memory until you reset it. Maybe if you are moving things around and want a camera named Front in the front and or many other reasons just saying.
Anyway I am glad you found something that works for you. Just trying to help so not to be limited seeing these cameras have features that should or could be used to make your life better.
Be Safe.
Bigtooth18

Post by Bigtooth18 »

I just purchased a new monitor with a resolution capability of 3840x2160 in an attempt to increase the clarity/resolution of the desktop. When I installed it and compared it to the 1920x1080 monitor, the sharpness was the same. I changed the resolution to 3840x2160 (8MP) and there was no change in the clarity. Cameras are static. In previous help in this forum, I went to PTZ and hit the R arrow but the camera icon does nothing when R or L clicked. I'm stuck here. If this is the best resolution I can get, a) I'm disappointed, and B) I should return the monitor and use the previous one. Any ideas?
Attachments
tempImage4MiJYL.gif
tempImage4MiJYL.gif (5.13 MiB) Viewed 4739 times
tempImageocWMnD.gif
tempImageocWMnD.gif (4.3 MiB) Viewed 4739 times
tempImagef5hwXF.gif
tempImagef5hwXF.gif (8.69 MiB) Viewed 4739 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum. I see you are working within the 5208 format NVR what camera are you working with? Also in the last picture it seems that picture was taken with a 12mp camera and my guess isn't from a screen shot of the NVR it self?

Askig about PTZ what camera are you working with in your NVR? If it is a PTZ camera do you have access to the controls within the NVR's GUI?

What Dell Monitor are you trying to run this on? Have you confirmed that the port the NVR is connected to is setup for 4k? Please understand I can't speak for what you have going on just what I know can happen with my own systems. SO when asking about monitor, I have the ability to work on one in a format that the monitor will work in even if it isn't setup for that format. It will work because the ability to work even if I don't have it setup at the time to run at that size. Then I have to go into the settings of the monitor and enable it to the size. Sorry if didn't make sense. In other words. If say I turn on my monitor on said port to work in 1080p or even 2k, Then I connect a 4k device to it the device will work however it will not display correctly. Then if I go and make the change to 4k the picture looks correct. Maybe this is the issue?
Be Safe.