Videos exporting to the wrong aspect ratio

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Bigtooth18

Re: Videos exporting to the wrong aspect ratio

Post by Bigtooth18 »

Thank you for helping. All pictures were taken from my phone and Airdropped to my Mac. POE camera? by Amcrest. (Where can I find this more detailed info?) DELL monitor 4K UHD S2722QC The monitor is connected via USB directly to the NVR. I'm using my Mac to communicate in the forum.
Bigtooth18

Post by Bigtooth18 »

Sorry, the NVR is connected directly via HDMI to the monitor. It is not connected to a PC.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So a couple of things I would try. I would double check the HDMI cable and if you use another one with same results I would see if the Monitor can give you some info with what might be the issue. I can't say that it will tell you much but might if your monitor has the self test. Press and hold the button close to the power button or button 4 for about 4 to 5 seconds and once box comes up use up down or button 1 or 2 to move the area to the Diagnostic testing. then press button 3 to enter. This may or may not show if the monitor is having an issue. There should also be a factory reset option and I personally would do one if new cable and normal HDMI cable isn't working right. Try the other HDMI port and if all that fails it might be there is an issue with FW in the NVR to send 4k so maybe look to see if there is an update in the Firmware that might solve this issue.
Be Safe.
Bigtooth18

Post by Bigtooth18 »

I am trying to log into the NVR via Config Tool on my Mac, but it keeps shutting down unexpectedly. Is there a way to get to the necessary setting there?
HDMI cable is new and had no issues when I used it for my TV/laptop interface. I tried the monitor buttons, it only shows a "lock" icon, one open and one closed. But only get a blank screen when I unlock it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting. I know that holding the Button 4 should unlock the locked monitor but if it after that don't give you any of the menu after this it might be an issue with the monitor or else where..

So Here is what I would try, I would remove all the cables if you have more then 1 connected, where the only left is the Power cable. Once this is done power cycle the monitor and then try the button close to the power button holding for 4 or 5 seconds. This should unlock the monitor. Once unlocked press button again to open Menu? If it only brings up a black page then I would look at an RMA if it is within a Warranty time frame. If not it might need to be seen by a TV repair company. At times they can have hardware to do a Brute Device Reset.
outside of that the NVR would be best used connected to a TV or Monitor for best access. If you are trying to reset back the NVR to work in 1080P format you can do so just by having the NVR connected to the local area network and going to the NVR's Local IP in your web browser, Then you will want to go to The Configuration (Setup) and then display. In there you can make a change to going back to 1080P. That page would look something like this.
Screenshot (768).png
Screenshot (768).png (59.46 KiB) Viewed 4555 times
Be Safe.