Unable to save video encoding changes

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
tosatterfield

Unable to save video encoding changes

Post by tosatterfield »

Background:
- I have a new IP8M-VB2896EW-AI camera
- No issues setting it up. It working fine and connected to amcrestcloud
Issue:
- I would like to change my video encoding/frame rate etc remotely . . . via IP address browser, ip config, other. The default settings are way higher resolution and framerate than I need.
- I can get into the config tool and make the changes
- BUT . . . I get a "save failed" if I try to save the changes
Amcrest support direction:
- I spoke with amcrest support and they told me I had to be local to the camera. This is odd since I can change the camera settings remotely(PTZ, contrast, etc) and install firmware remotely.
Complication:
- This camera is remote . . . I cannot easily goto the location and connect phyiscally or with the mobile client
- rolling a truck out to the camera is not a viable options
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Unable to save video encoding changes

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Well there is a couple of things that make me wonder. One last time I had Cloud that you said you have your camera connected to I was having issues where I would make changes to my Encoding and the Cloud would change it back.. After some time and then time with Support I was told that was the issue and I didn't' know such an issue was there. Then you are saying you have Cloud and have talked to Support yet they didn't tell you that the changes to Encoding needs to be done using the Cloud? Now I have turned off Cloud because I personally don't like the idea with to many areas having my Password so now I only use P2P and access my cameras on ASP and AVP or WebUI only..

So if you have access to your camera over P2P then you can use ASP and then use ASP to connect to the Cameras WebUI. It will look odd because when you click the Link it will make a connection on a local to you IP starting with 127. and a port number and is odd but does work. So what you would need to do is Download ASP from Amcrest Website if you have not already. You will need to the cameras SN I am sure you can get that from your Cloud account. I don't know it has been a while.. Anyway when you setup ASP, you Click on Devices, Add, then give name it will Default tell you to enter a IP. Change connection type to P2P, Enter Serial Number, then user name and password. Once it shows it is online it will show a Green down in the Devices page. You will now need to click on Device CFG, then click on the camera on the Left then at the top is a Button called Link to Web.
Be Safe.
tosatterfield

Post by tosatterfield »

Thanks for your input. I did speak with tech support. Their only input was to go onsite and connect locally, reboot and all will be good. Given that I did a firmware update and at least 2 remote reboots(confirmed by lost connections during the reboot) I dont have much faith in that guidance. I can do everything with the camera except get those changes to save.

I am using amcrest cloud as an interim solution while I bring up my NVR. I had not thought about the cloud blocking or resetting my config. I am not sure about the acrynymns but I think I have tried all the amcrest app solutions with the same results. I will double check and retry and try disabling the cloud for testing.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you are remote and use AVP (Amcrest View Pro) app p2p could work for you as stated above if you try and Download ASP ( Amcrest Surveillance Pro) on a desktop or laptop. As an option.
Be Safe.