Title Bars Cover Image - Please Fix

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
BigRedBrent

Title Bars Cover Image - Please Fix

Post by BigRedBrent »

The top bar, above each video feed that displays the title and data rate, is on top of the video and not transparent at all. This is incredibly annoying, because I have angled my cameras to be as low as possible and important parts of the video are obscured by these bars.

The video should always be showing underneath the title bars, since the title bars are not even transparent. I honestly can't believe it was made to obscure the video on purpose and it must have been a mistake.

Is there any way to make the video show below these bars or disable the title bars? If not, then PLEASE fix it so that the video is shown below the title bars.

I would also like the option to have the video keep the original aspect ratio.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Title Bars Cover Image - Please Fix

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I've just checked out View Pro on both my iPhone and iPad and neither of them display the bars you describe. The only place that I do see it is in Amcrest Surveillance Pro on my PC and then only when I 'mouse over' one of the panels. What device are you viewing on?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
jack7

Post by jack7 »

That happens in android live view. Annoying. You can pinch the picture to see all of it, or use another viewer app for live view.
BigRedBrent

Post by BigRedBrent »

Yes, this is with android. I forgot that people still use iphones (not entirely sure why though). :D

My use case would make it much more convenient if, I am not forced to use another app because of this UI mistake.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

And Think before that comment I was about to buy the new iPhone 11 over the Samsung S20 Ultra I have been on the fence for the last few days not pulled the trigger but was leaning on the 11 hummm To be Honest both of the company are Anti Repair and I support the Right to Repair Movement...
Be Safe.
BigRedBrent

Post by BigRedBrent »

Just to be clear, Android is probably used more than any operating system on Earth. I really wish that you used it when looking for such issues. This issue is still incredibly annoying, and I would really love it if it would get fixed soon.
James.S

Post by James.S »

@BigRedBrent

When testing apps we use many test phones that are running Android and IOS. Can you provide me with your phone model and what OS version it is running on. Also can you post a screenshot here of the issue in question?

If this is something that is causing major issues and or is needing to be addressed quickly i recommend reaching out to our Support Team via Email so we can get you up and running as soon as possible.

https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport
BigRedBrent

Post by BigRedBrent »

I am using Android 7.0

The top bars cover part of the top of each image when trying to view the live feed. There is a date and time at the top of each image that is completely obscured.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200326-232619.png
Screenshot_20200326-232619.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 876 times
Screenshot_20200326-231851.png
Screenshot_20200326-231851.png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 876 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry if this is a Dumb Question but if you tap the image does anything change? I have a different system that isn't Onvif and has a Stand along app for view of camera when it first loads the image kind of looks like yours with bar over top however if I tap the image that bar goes away... Just wondering if this is same kind of thing or if it just needs some adjustments in coding?
Be Safe.
BigRedBrent

Post by BigRedBrent »

Tapping the image does not change anything and only highlights the title bar for the video that you tap on. I tried every kind of tapping imaginable, including long press that only gives the option to remove the camera feed.

As far as I can tell the interface needs some adjustments.