Snapshot and FTP config options

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
DaveW396

Snapshot and FTP config options

Post by DaveW396 »

I cannot find any options in Amcrest View Pro app to set up snapshot intervals, picture quality or FTP config. I can access this information when I am on the local network through the camera web interface but not through the app.

Is it buried somewhere or not there? There are tons of other config options in the app, if not available why are these options not available?

Thanks for any feedback
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Snapshot and FTP config options

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

So the App is just a tool that gives the user the ability to access Live Footage and playback footage if needed. Now there are options for notices if that is what you are asking about? However the App wasn't designed to really setup the camera because of the way it is working. Where the WebUI is a Configuration tool for the camera..

What I think some of the problems are in today End User is they might come from a All In 1 Platform where the Camera and the App are really all there is. Normally there is little to no access to a WebUI so all the ADMIN features are built into the App.

However in truth there are some things that you can use the Amcrest View Pro app to make some minor changes to the cameras settings. You would do this the same way that you access the area to setup your Push Notices. If you have the app up in the top left corner click the 3 dots and lines icon. Then you will see some options to setup notices you would click Push and setup the type and for what events and then top right click the Disk icon. Then in the 3 dots with lines you would see an area that says Configuration. If you click that you will have some options to make changes for each of the connected device. Depending on the device you can make changes to Motion and Audio Detection, email alerts, video tampering, stream, Alarm Triggers, and Scheduling for recordings. Date and time, IP settings and I think you can even change the password. It has been a while so I can't remember them all..

To be honest while things can change in the app, I Personally prefer the access to the WebUI of the Ip Camera or DVR/NVR to make changes. If I am remote to the device I use ASP to make this changes seeing you can over ASP. If that don't help out in all parts of the Devices settings then you can access the WebUI from ASP of the remote device just like you were local to it..
Be Safe.