Push Notifications

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
zplugger

Push Notifications

Post by zplugger »

My Push Notifications quit, been working for years. It just stopped yesterday, all my cameras show up on my phone with no problem. The NVR records all events ok but my phone quit? Should I try and reload app on my phone? any suggestions appreciated.
Woody246

Re: Push Notifications

Post by Woody246 »

My Push Notifications also quit working, yesterday. I had a problem a year or so ago and it seem like Amcrest was doing something. I really don't know what to do.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess is that it is Server Related and with any luck it will return when Amcrest Staff return to the Office Mon or Tue. For me I don't use Amcrest Pro much anymore these days. I use a DMSS and while I still get push, I Don't get any outside of my own network area. So I do use AVP to access my cameras when I am away from home. Just use DMSS for all the access to my AI devices. Knowing that when I get a message that there is human down my driveway I know it is so using Tripwire or Intrusion AVP lacks the notices from that so I moved over to use DMSS. I will get the notice while away I just have to use different app AVP to access the camera. PITA but works for me.

Wonder if any of the people that use IP to setup on AVP is getting notices and this is Related to P2P server side? I guess I will have to remove one of my devices from P2P and see if I get any notices while using IP.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

oddly enough that answer is no. So I changed one of my devices that has heavy traffic for motion to IP setup and then setup push, I get notices on my device however nothing over push so it don't matter if it is IP or P2P for me I don't get any notices.

My guess is still related to the Server and should clear up start of next week.
Be Safe
Woody246

Post by Woody246 »

Revo2maxx is DMSS software expensive? How difficult to install? thanks Woody246
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

DMSS is free. It is Dahuas Version of the Amcrest software. Just keep in mind that the AVP will work outside of your Network using your SN if you use DMSS there is nothing out side of your network access but you will get the notices
Be Safe
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Thanks Revo2Maxx
So your saying it is a Amcrest server problem? So maybe it will be back in couple days? Sould I contact them or would they already know.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Another thing I just noticed after I hooked a monitor to my nvr.
in the Network TCP/IP it show nothing for Ethernet card? Should it show the nvr ip here?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have let them know from my contact point. I would still maybe do a Ticket if your still having issues. Maybe it would be faster to get it from a Ticket Source.

About your NVR yes it should have the info in there. If your talking about this window in the picture below...
Screenshot (1812).png
Screenshot (1812).png (158.3 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
Be Safe
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Thanks again Revo2Maxx
Mine had nothing there, did a factory network reset and it came back. Just checked again and it blank again? If I open web connect from Amcrest Surveillance Pro its shows up there. Not sure why a monitor on the nvr shows nothing.