Push Notifications Setup

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
weswitt

Push Notifications Setup

Post by weswitt »

i have a NV5232E-16P nvr. i have push notifications enabled for a few cameras but i get nothing. after reading the forums i'm wondering if maybe my config is incorrect. is P2P required for push notifications to work? i tried P2P but found that it is way to slow to be useful. on the android app the camera live view takes for ever to load when using P2P. when using port forwarding it is very fast. so, is P2P required for push notifications?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Push Notifications Setup

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure. I do know that I get alerts or some devices that I have setup on IP mode only. Draw back for this is that when I go to play the footage while away it fails because it isn't setup for DDNS or any port forwarding.

Then some hardware before AVP was updated to the IVS ability access I used to use DMSS for some of my IVS cameras and again I would get the alerts to my phone just not access to the footage unless I was on my local home network.

I am going to guess for Push to work P2P needs to be used.

I have many DVR/NVR and cameras. Local and Remote I don't have any issue with access over P2P. It could be something with H.265 if your setup that way. I don't know. I know that most of my systems are setup on older h.264 or h.264h. My AI DVR is setup on most H.265 and I still get good fast access to that outside my network.

Might be a Carrier issue if you live in area with tall buildings I mean if I am downtown Seattle I have issues at times. Where I am most of the time now however I don't have them high buildings and access is fast enough using 4g and sometimes on 5g networks. A Couple of times when driving from west coast to the east there is a state or 2 that access is slow even though I still have Cell Service.
Be Safe.
weswitt

Post by weswitt »

@Revo2Maxx thanks for the response.

well how about that. i just fired up view pro and it prompted me to allow push notification. i allowed it and i am now getting push notifications. i can also see in the event list all the past push notification. not sure why it just magically started working, but i'm happy.

as a new amcrest nvr user it seems odd that each user of the view pro app has to configure push notifications. i would expect that all the config about which cameras and why type of notification be all configured on the nvr. question: is this different on the amcrest ai nvrs? do those nvrs do all the detection & notification config on the nvr?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It depends on the NVR's. Like in my 4216E-AI that NVR has 4 channels of free access to Tripwire and Intrusion. Outside of that the camera is what prompts the NVR to work in AI mode. So when I have 8AI cameras with Tripwire or Intrusion that will give me 12ch of AI ability.

Where there are some people that report having a 5208E or 5208 and a AI camera with the 4.0 FW installed they had opened the AI of the NVR and seen someone with a 5216E-8P with AI functions after installing a AI camera at the NVR Level. However in older like 4108-HS, 4116E-HS or any of that line when connecting a AI camera it will show the Rule of the camera but there is no access to the rule for using on the NVR.

However a new NVR came out 41xx-A2 and this is like what others have said in the 52xx when there is no AI camera added it looks like a normal 41xx NVR however installing a AI camera it opens the AI tab and can access the Rules for recording and getting alerts. The A2 from what I was told and I am not sure to be honest don't offer any Channel of Free AI like my 4x more costly 4216E-AI NVR does out of the box.

I do find it odd that the A2 offers SMD where my AI NVR don't have SMD and my guess might be released in a later update but in the 2020/2021 FW there is no SMD, That is something others in the 52xx also said was offered with a SMD Ip cameras..
Be Safe.
weswitt

Post by weswitt »

looks like the NV5232E-16P does not do any ai features, even if an ai camera is installed. bummer. i talked to amcrest support and they confirmed this for me. looks like i need to buy 2 16 channel ai nvrs or 1 16 channel and 1 8 channel ai nvr. looks like the view pro app supports multiple nvrs but using port forwarding with multiple nvrs won't work because i only have 1 ip address. to make this work i'll need to resolve the performance issues with p2p. if i can make p2p work then i can get 2 nvrs.
weswitt

Post by weswitt »

talked to support again and i got p2p working with good performance. i ordered 2 16 channel ai nvrs.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

What FW are you using in your NVR? What AI cameras are you using?

Did you go with AI NVR's or A2?
Be Safe.
weswitt

Post by weswitt »

i got two nv4216-ai nvrs. not all my cameras are ai but i'll slowly replace the additional ones i need ai with over time.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Very nice. I hope you find them enjoyable.

I am not sure what AI cameras your looking at but something I thought I would put out there. When your looking if you want real AI then get better cameras then the cheaper ones. I say this because there are some cameras like my 2496EW-V2 that while it does offer Tripwire and Intrusion. It will false alert just like Motions cameras do at night with IR on.. Every bug, rain drop and the like is the same with IVS on cameras that don't really know between a human and bug. I have some other Dahua AI cameras that are like the 2496 and false alot. But I like it because they are 4mp and color at night like my 1046 is.

However my 1046EW-AI Camera while it is only a 4mp, it is a true AI camera and will not false alert on bugs or rain. However it does from time to time when setup for Face Detection count a Glowing Bug at night as a human face lol Rare, Out of 30 days I might get 2 false face alerts lol..

2496 8mp just over 100 where the 1046 4mp was at the time just over 200 now around 189ish. But is worth the extra cash..
Be Safe.