push notifications not working on android

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
James.S

Re: push notifications not working on android

Post by James.S »

We have recently updated to APP, Please make sure that you are on the latest Update. Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues after the update.
haw1144

Post by haw1144 »

my app is updated to the latest (4.2.002). mine worked yesterday evening for like 30 minutes, but stopped after. have not received any notifications since 7:37pm PST last night (3/31)... so... it's no longer working again.
James.S

Post by James.S »

haw1144 wrote:my app is updated to the latest (4.2.002). mine worked yesterday evening for like 30 minutes, but stopped after. have not received any notifications since 7:37pm PST last night (3/31)... so... it's no longer working again.

What type of phone do you have and what OS is it currently using?

please also provide me with the model number of your camera/nvr/dvr
haw1144

Post by haw1144 »

James.s wrote:
haw1144 wrote:my app is updated to the latest (4.2.002). mine worked yesterday evening for like 30 minutes, but stopped after. have not received any notifications since 7:37pm PST last night (3/31)... so... it's no longer working again.

What type of phone do you have and what OS is it currently using?

please also provide me with the model number of your camera/nvr/dvr
Hallelujah! I had Push Notifications enabled prior to the APP updating, and after it updated, it was still Enabled. That was when it worked for a little bit, then stopped working.

Today I disabled Push Notifications, rebooted my phone, started the APP again and Enabled Push Notifications. That must have did it... maybe the Enabled was in a bad state carried over from the previous version... who knows. Either way... everything is working again! Thanks!!
James.S

Post by James.S »

Hallelujah! I had Push Notifications enabled prior to the APP updating, and after it updated, it was still Enabled. That was when it worked for a little bit, then stopped working.

Today I disabled Push Notifications, rebooted my phone, started the APP again and Enabled Push Notifications. That must have did it... maybe the Enabled was in a bad state carried over from the previous version... who knows. Either way... everything is working again! Thanks!!
Glad I was able to provide some assistance :D :D

If anyone has any more issues please let me know.
haw1144

Post by haw1144 »

any chance you guys can share what was the issue and what was fixed?
paris1028

Post by paris1028 »

Finally fixed, after the most recent update 3/28.