push notifications not working on android

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
cgeddis

Re: push notifications not working on android

Postby cgeddis » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:43 am

My notifications began working yesterday around 1:30pm EST. So far still working.

James.S
Site Admin

Postby James.S » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:58 am

We have recently updated to APP, Please make sure that you are on the latest Update. Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues after the update.
If you have any more questions or concerns about this product or other Amcrest products, please reach out to us at [email protected].

- James.S

haw1144

Postby haw1144 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:59 pm

my app is updated to the latest (4.2.002). mine worked yesterday evening for like 30 minutes, but stopped after. have not received any notifications since 7:37pm PST last night (3/31)... so... it's no longer working again.

James.S
Site Admin

Postby James.S » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:25 pm

haw1144 wrote:my app is updated to the latest (4.2.002). mine worked yesterday evening for like 30 minutes, but stopped after. have not received any notifications since 7:37pm PST last night (3/31)... so... it's no longer working again.

What type of phone do you have and what OS is it currently using?

please also provide me with the model number of your camera/nvr/dvr
If you have any more questions or concerns about this product or other Amcrest products, please reach out to us at [email protected].

- James.S

haw1144

Postby haw1144 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:45 pm

James.s wrote:
haw1144 wrote:my app is updated to the latest (4.2.002). mine worked yesterday evening for like 30 minutes, but stopped after. have not received any notifications since 7:37pm PST last night (3/31)... so... it's no longer working again.

What type of phone do you have and what OS is it currently using?

please also provide me with the model number of your camera/nvr/dvr

Hallelujah! I had Push Notifications enabled prior to the APP updating, and after it updated, it was still Enabled. That was when it worked for a little bit, then stopped working.

Today I disabled Push Notifications, rebooted my phone, started the APP again and Enabled Push Notifications. That must have did it... maybe the Enabled was in a bad state carried over from the previous version... who knows. Either way... everything is working again! Thanks!!

James.S
Site Admin

Postby James.S » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:59 am

Hallelujah! I had Push Notifications enabled prior to the APP updating, and after it updated, it was still Enabled. That was when it worked for a little bit, then stopped working.

Today I disabled Push Notifications, rebooted my phone, started the APP again and Enabled Push Notifications. That must have did it... maybe the Enabled was in a bad state carried over from the previous version... who knows. Either way... everything is working again! Thanks!!

Glad I was able to provide some assistance :D :D

If anyone has any more issues please let me know.

- James.S

haw1144

Postby haw1144 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:05 am

any chance you guys can share what was the issue and what was fixed?

paris1028

Postby paris1028 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:44 pm

Finally fixed, after the most recent update 3/28.

JasinSwift

Postby JasinSwift » Sat May 18, 2019 4:55 am

Was getting exactly the same problem with delivery notification. Solved it, by using another app from this platform - https://pkge.net/ But there is very mirror difference

Return to “Amcrest View Pro”