push notifications not working on android

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Systemuser

Re: push notifications not working on android

Post by Systemuser »

Same here push notifications from NV4108-HS to Amcrestview Pro App Ver 4.1 was pushing to two LG phones OK. Then notifications became less or stopped altogether between Jan 23-25th now there are no push notifications at all. Everything else works, NVR still records motion, still able to send an email alert, can log into NVR remotely from phone on LANs and over 2 separate wireless carriers can see NVR. Just no more push alerts. Newer LG phone stopped getting alerts couple weeks ago, redoing cam alert setting on app then brought alerts back, however nothing fix, is using Amcrest DDNS service with P2P setup for connection. See in router log that NVR connects out to a Google Server and Amazon AWS server and wonder if. may upgrade cams if there is a firmware for them to see if that makes any difference. If someone else figures same problem out or support knows solution, please post it here thanks.
Systemuser

Post by Systemuser »

Push notifications started working again for me on Sun Jan 27 around 5PM
The fix may have been something they fixed on their end or a setting I changed, not sure.
Upgrading camera FW did not make any difference, NVR was already latest firmware.
Started working for me after changing setting on NVR under system - network - connection, was set to use HTTP port 37779 but changed that on NVR to use port 80 instead for HTTP.
Same on my router changed port my forwarding for HTTP which was set to 37779, changed it to use for HTTP port 80 for the internal and port 80 external port HTTP number. which might leave it more vulnerable.
The fix may have been done at Amcrest and nothing to do with me changing settings, in that case no need to mess with any of it.
Systemuser

Post by Systemuser »

To update comment from above, fix not found, One phone still receives motion notifications, other does not.
Push notifications stopped working again after a couple hours on older phone LG-D415 with Android 5.0.2.
Push notifications are working on LG G6 with Android version 8. Very strange, never had the this push notifications not working with the prior version of this app.
fil50

Post by fil50 »

Wow, nothing yet???
Yardstick

Post by Yardstick »

Mine still does not work. I contacted support by e-mail. They asked for all of my purchase and model number information. That was a couple days ago. Still no response. This isn't improving my opinion of Amcrest.
fil50

Post by fil50 »

Just called them, they need me to be with the unit so that they can have access to it over the internet.
I work till 10pm almost every night.
When asked if it maybe a problem with their app, all I get is you have to be with the unit.
Nothing about maybe it's our app, all they want to do is get in the unit to change the settings...
wtf!
fil50

Post by fil50 »

Day 6 of Bird Box, presented by Amcrest!
Yardstick

Post by Yardstick »

I got another e-mail. Still no fix or even troubleshooting advice. They wanted more information - serial numbers, model numbers, phone details, carrier details, etc... At least it is recording events and I can review those. I found the Push Notifications handy because delivery people (UPS, FedEx, USPS) have stopped ringing the doorbell. At least with Push Notifications I had some idea if a package was delivered.
Systemuser

Post by Systemuser »

An update my earlier comment, I had said the newer phone was getting notifications however they both stopped by the next day, both do not get any notifications now. Here and at on App comments page other people have the same problem, so probably not caused by any ones individual settings. I suspect the software used for the push notifications like GCM server and client APIs being deprecated by Google, or Firebase Cloud Messaging FCM, or whatever is built into the app for notifications, or their own custom notification software probably needs a fix. Could be an ISP suddenly blocking a port??? hope they fix soon.
I don't like calling support I went through that in the past, supplying all the info, and a few messages and calls they didn't solve it, then ended up solving the problem myself anyhow. I would rather have them put the answer on a forum like this.
For now I have NVR send email alert to a secondary non important Gmail account, because had to reduce Gmail security to accept automated emails from NVR. Then forward the message from secondary Gmail account to Primary Gmail account that has full security. Then configure primary Gmail to have them all go into the category Forums folder which was not being used for anything, In Gmail can assign different ring sound for the Forums category. Alert email shows camera name or number that caused it. At that point open Amcrest App and select playback, click the plus sign to select date, time, motion, add camera , it automatically shows last hour worth, so if alert just happened just click Motion detect and chose the camera mentioned in the email alert. Works that way but admittedly is a hassle. Hope they fix push notifications soon.
Systemuser

Post by Systemuser »

Push Alert Notifications started working good tonight around 8:40 pm PST. Hopefully they have found the cause and permanently fixed it. Thank you.