Push notifications do not view correctly, after update 4.2.014 Build date 20201126

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Systemuser

Push notifications do not view correctly, after update 4.2.014 Build date 20201126

Post by Systemuser »

Hello, Both our android phones have automatically updated to Amcrest View Pro version 4.2.014 Build date 20201126.
Push notifications of motion events do not view correctly now after the update. Still receive the alert OK but when clicking them to view a motion detection alert, it does not go right to the alert. Instead it opens the motion detection video clip in a playback screen that looks more like the old Playback screen for opening and manually selecting an older video clip from a different time or day, rather than just showing the current motion detection event. In the help section of the new app under new features it says video playback and image playback have been merged into playback.

The problem clicking an motion alert notification wants to play the entire day starting from 12AM, where it should just go straight to the latest alert. It does this for cameras set to record motion alerts and ones set to record all video plus alerts.

It is near impossible to find the motion detection event if the NVR is set to record all events, during certain hours like everything all night as well as record the motion events. Then clicking the notification for a motion alert takes you to the new looking playback window that only plays "all video" by default. So it is one solid blue bar starting at 12 AM going constant across the screen for as many hours as it is set to record all video. It does not take you straight to the motion event like it used to in the prior app version.

From the Playback screen you can click the new little oval button menu that shows the date and is set to show all video. But if you click the button it just brings up the manual playback options where you have to chose a date and time to see the video, you can change it there from "All" to "Motion detection" but there is no way to save it to only show motion detection in the alert playback screen.

I already tried clearing the app cache and storage, then adding back NVR but stays the same, deleted app, restarted phone, re installed app and still the same. Two others at the Google play store mentioned deleting the app and re installing it I think they were able to re install the old app version, but that did not work for me, after re-install the new app is also the upgraded version 4.2.014 Build date 20201126.

A bunch of other people at the Google play-store having the same problem after being updated.
Jakefarley

Re: Push notifications do not view correctly, after update 4.2.014 Build date 20201126

Post by Jakefarley »

Same problem here. It makes the Push Notifications pretty useless as it is difficult to remember the time and then slide the bar to the correct time. Hopefully if enough people complain, they will fix it with another update.

Also, the app is very buggy and occasionally disables my NVR for no reason, sometimes in the middle of the night and I get limited push notifications. If I try to change any Motion Detection settings on the NVR through the app, it gets it all screwed up (no regions, etc.), so I have to go directly to my NVR to change them.

All in all this app is not what I would expect from Amcrest. I would gladly pay for a good app that would work with Amcrest NVR and cameras.
Manbeartig

Re: Push notifications do not view correctly, after update 4.2.014 Build date 20201126

Post by Manbeartig »

Same problem as above. Motion segment is shown as entire day beginning from the start of the day and not when the motion occurred.

Thank you!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am going to guess that they have been told and are working on a Solution for the issue..

@Manbeartig hello and welcome to the Forum
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

A possible temporary workaround for the broken app if you want to immediately see what happen when clicking a notification:
Enable motion detection snapshots for camera. Enable Image in View Pro push notifications. After a notification click, if snapshots look worthwhile, then change to video icon at screen top left, set to Motion only, and go down time line to applicable time for video. I've only done this with camera SD card recordings, and not NVR.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Something odd to keep in mind when working with NVR on the new FW..

Setting up each channel for Image storage seems like a waste of time when there is no way to view those images over the NVR GUI, you can in the App and you will need to check the Picture Storage for your cameras to get it to work in the image setting for push.. I don't know why but ASP cleared out my check marks on my NVR and my App stopped sending me images in my push so I thought It was broke like the rest that was reporting AVP from working right.. I did the update turned on my push and sure enough I was getting no image pushes...

So if this happens and you setup your AVP to give you image yet it comes with no picture double check that you have Picture storage turned on. I set 3 images and it is VERY fast and looks like a small video clip if you only pick 1 you might not see what set off the motion I have not tried 5 because I feel it might take longer for notice and 3 works well for me...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Systemuser

Post by Systemuser »

Thank you for fixing the motion detection alert video playback with the app update on Dec 4, 2020 Version 4.2.015. Selecting the push notification alert now goes straight to the most recent motion alert video playback. That's great that was the most important fix for me.

I noticed another small issue not working quite right, thought I should let you know, which a few others at the Google play store mentioned the same issue. it's actually a separate problem but seems related to playback.

It has to do with selecting "Playback" from the app menu. Then trying to select a recording to playback that it would normally fetch from the NVR. The prior version of app let you select a date and also a time range and recording type before returning any results. That does not work any more, for example when I press the plus symbol in the circle to select which camera to fetch video from. I chose camera 2 and it already starts loading the video for camera 2 before I add a time or date, then it loads playback video for today starting at 12 AM and shows all day's worth, Like the motion detection problem above was showing "all" for all day before it was fixed. I get one solid blue bar for playback during the hours NVR is set to record everything. Then can not Identify any motion detection areas in the scrolling horizontal timeline blue bar. The button below the video play window with the left and right arrows to select a date takes a few tries to touch before it will open. If you can get the date open and change from returning all video to just return Motion Detection, then it nearly always returns no video found. Only once was I able to return only motion detection that way.

It looks like you may have been planning to replace the original style vertical time range selector for selecting hour and minute that was used on prior app versions with only the blue bar horizontal time frame scroller, not sure. The vertical time frame selector was a bit easier to use, you could set it to see motion detection between 5-510 PM on Dec 7th for example. The blue bar horizontal scroller brings back the whole day, and it does not allow 2 fingers to expand time line so you are not able to fine tune into a certain time frame very easy, a motion detection event would look like a hairline that you can not widen the time from bar to zoom in on. Also usually can not get it to return any motion detection at all will respond with no video found.

The vertical time frame scroller that is easier to fine tune an exact time range to look for can still be found in the app if you select "Playback" from the main menu, then at the top of the screen, change it from Video playback to "image playback". Touching the plus sign brings up the original vertical time and date selector that used to be used for selecting video playback also. For image playback it lets you select a starting date and time, then a end date and time where the time frame range can be easier fine tuned.

The horizontal blue bar for time range selector might be able to be made as user friendly but would probably require the ability to zoom in to specific areas in the timeline so they don't just appear as a hairline.
Also when trying to select video playback from NVR on various dates and times it needs to be able to change it to just bring back all motion events, seems difficult to do that, could only make it return motion events that way once, But I set my cameras to record everything all night which may affect the way it is working also.
Systemuser

Post by Systemuser »

PS sorry about the long message above, I went back and double checked, the horizontal timeline bar actually does allow to use two fingers in order to widen the timeline and zoom into timeline areas closer, but the time is in very small font size, white lettering on a light blue bar so not the easiest to see, and if zooming into timeline as it is moving the timeline can jump around a bit back and fourth or zoom back out itself.

I am not able to change it to return motion detection only that nearly always results in no video found.

This is not a critical problem for me since I do not use it to often at this time, but it would be good if it is fixed eventually but no need to hurry on my account, just wanted to let you know how it is working when using the "Playback" menu items, so you can fix when ever you want. Thank you.
Manbeartig

Post by Manbeartig »

Thank you for fixing it!