PTZ not working

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
newfoundlakeweather

PTZ not working

Post by newfoundlakeweather »

Brand new IP5M-D1188EW-28MM
View Pro Version 4.2.015
Android 12

PTZ does not accept gestures. Some blue arrows show up on the screen when I swipe or pinch but nothing in the camera changes.

If I turn off PTZ at the bottom of the screen, pinching does zoom the camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: PTZ not working

Post by Revo2Maxx »

PTZ cameras will work with PTZ Controls From what I see and I don't know but if I had to guess your camera is a 5mp 2.8mm fixed lens POE Dome camera in White.

When you turn off the PTZ and use the pinch what your seeing is what is Called Digital Zoom. Some cameras will have 4x and others might have 16x but in truth the best would be within 4x outside of that gets blurry.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
CronoBandit

Re: PTZ not working

Post by CronoBandit »

TIP: For anyone out there whom knows they have a PTZ camera, enables PTZ feature in the App, sees the blue arrows when swiping up/down left/right ... YET the camera still doesn't move --> double-check the all User permissions you are using to login to the camera.

Full-story: I like to create a "regular user" on all my cams, as to not login as 'admin' when remotely viewing my cams via the App (call me security conscious). on each camera, I create a separate user and assign it to the 'user' Group, which works fine on my non-PTZ cameras. However, for the PTZ cams, I needed to add additional permissions to get the PTZ & audio capabilities actually working via the app. The minimal permissions have have selected thus far is:
User, Live, Manual, Peripheral, AV, & PTZ
If you have a storage card, obviously add Playback and Storage to that list as well.

User-error - of course. However, it would have been nice if the App echo'ed an error message like "not enough permissions", etc..

Glad I got it working :)