Playback causes Software to give "stopped working" message

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Robert_B_2

Playback causes Software to give "stopped working" message

Post by Robert_B_2 »

After I added a second 1P4M-1026B camera at my home, the Android Amcrest Pro View software stops working when attempting a playback from either camera. I was thinking it may be caused by insufficient memory on my phone. Any ideas on how to fix this? Buying a better phone isn't my first choice. This Samsung has 16GB memory.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Playback causes Software to give "stopped working" message

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello Robert_B_2

Sorry your having some issues with your App.. I am guessing that the 16gb isn't memory of the phone but the built in Space for the phones apps... What is going to be important is Software, and phone being enabled or not... For what ever reason if a phone isn't enabled it seems like Key apps stop working right.. While I am not saying this is your problem it is one I have on my Samsung Tab8 I turned off service and shortly after that all the apps started to not work right even to the point I am getting low space messages.. Sadly the tab screen cracked. While I can still use it just not something I take with me anymore so no need for service on it...

Wondering how old is the phone, are you trying on Local Network or outside network, you trying on P2P connection or over an IP connection? You using dual speed router or single speed... Have you tried using a computer and IE or Chrome depending on the FW your on?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Robert_B_2

Post by Robert_B_2 »

It's Android 6. It doesn't matter local or outside network. I don't know answers to others questions.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Humm I am not sure.. I thought it was needing better then what I was expecting and maybe it has changed since updates have come out but as of 2018 it is said that Android 3.0 or better should work and I know that my Tab8 is on better then 3 but don't matter I guess maybe try another phone and if another one for testing isn't around and can't get things worked out after looking over this info https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... tion-Setup
Then might need to call and ask Amcrest or email them there might have been a change with the last update or so...

So I was asking about in or out because some times people have it working in the home but not outside the home because the didn't set up the cameras to use P2P.. With out P2P setup one would need to have Amcrest View dot com account or Port Forward the cameras...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Robert_B_2

Post by Robert_B_2 »

It's P2P setup. We can access our cameras from anywhere. Note that spouse's iPhone 7 and son's iPhone 6 work perfectly so the crash is caused either by a limitation of my Android phone, the way I've setup the cameras or a bug in the Amcrest Pro View software for Android.
Robert_B_2

Post by Robert_B_2 »

I've noticed the app stops working in live view as well. Click OK to clear the message and app resumes only to stop again a few seconds later. Click OK and repeat. Someone at Amcrest should be able to offer something here.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

You may have a bandwidth problem between phone and router or camera and router. To check it, change to SD (substream) in phone, and change recording stream to substream in camera. Make sure substream is enabled in Camera/Video settings. If phone View and Replay then work, you will know it's probably a bandwidth problem
Robert_B_2

Post by Robert_B_2 »

I'm not sure if I'm checking what you are suggesting. My Android phone app shows 'main' or 'extra'. I dont see 'substream'. It's set to 'extra'. Same with spouse's iPhone that works perfectly.
Robert_B_2

Post by Robert_B_2 »

UPDATE:
I upgraded to a newer Samsung Smartphone with Android 10 and 32GB storage. Now the Android Amcrest Pro View app works without stopping. Problem solved.