Phone can access out-of-town camera while connected to WIFI but not with cellular-only connection, any ideas?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Phone can access out-of-town camera while connected to WIFI but not with cellular-only connection, any ideas?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

VPN on the Cell would be just as the same if you were to use on the Home network. It runs a connection to a server. With free service it is limited most times to what servers they might connect to.. Then making that connection it causes your phone to use an IP from them. Then once that connection is made you can load in AVP, If it works as it has for some others then making a connection should work.
Be Safe.
kenf

Re: Phone can access out-of-town camera while connected to WIFI but not with cellular-only connection, any ideas?

Post by kenf »

@Revo2Maxx , the cellular-only connection to AVP is currently working (Sunday 2/18 @ 2:00pm CST).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad to hear things are working again. Thank you for the Update.
Be Safe.
Crewsk15

Post by Crewsk15 »

Anyone notice their camera dates were switched back to 1-1-2000, mine is showing 1-9-2000 and the current date is 2/23/2024. Meaning Amcrest likely did
Something to all the cameras on 2/14 ish.

Thoughts?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If your camera is back to 2000 then you will want to make sure that your camera has NTP turned on and or at least setup to sync when you connect to it. If your camera reboots or if there is power loss and you don't have it setup to update your time. Then it will stay on a bad time I have seen some as far back as 1970.. Every night before the camera updates to the NVR time, my new TD2685EW-AI camera resets time back to 2000. Only last a few seconds to a min before it changes to the right time..

Amcrest has no Magic Button that they can just roll every ones time back on the cameras. There is a little battery in the cameras. Sounds like yours is dead. They are not replaceable in take out and put in it would have to be sourced and then de-soldered and the new one re-soldered in..
Be Safe.
tlagrone

Post by tlagrone »

A late reply; however, no problems using AT&T network with EIOTCLUB sim (MVNO). In the past there have been issues with AT&T sims purchased from AT&T - specifically smartphone sims use IPV6 and will not work - had to return sim and get tablet/mobile hotspot sim; the tablet/mobile hotspot sim I received at one point was locked to 3G (which disappeared recently), AT&T customer support fixed that issue.

EIOTCLUB is good for moderate use of cameras. If you use the sim for browsing, you will notice many sites come up with reference to Hong Kong SAR as that is geographic location of ISP.
Lsound

Post by Lsound »

I have owned Amcrest Cameras and other brands. Amcrest needs to get their APPs sorted out. The IOS Apps for iphone and iPad are terrible. I was told to use the iPad app on my gen 9 air, forget it has many flaws when trying to install 5 cameras so I used the old 4.3.2 and it works but slow as a dinosaur. I have no issues with MacBook web based Pro view. The cameras are good enough but the apps are disgusting. I can say this because I have had lots device apps in my lifetime but nothing like these Amcrest dinosaurs.