P2P not working on existing, configured camera with iPad

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
X-27

P2P not working on existing, configured camera with iPad

Post by X-27 »

I configured a IP4M-1041W with no fuss on my iPhone 12, I then used P2P to get the camera going on my wife's iPhone, it worked perfectly the first time. I cannot get the camera working on ANY of our 3 iPads using P2P. I have the latest version of the iPad operating system and Amcrest app. I have quadruple verified passwords. Rebooted camera, rebooted iPads.

I've done this successfully in the past with other Amcrest cameras. I like P2P because it's easier and faster, (When it works of course). If P2P is really broken, could I just set up my IP4M-1041W connection on my iPad as though the camera had never been configured before?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: P2P not working on existing, configured camera with iPad

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would delete from app and install again. Also if running wifi I would try setting up with ethernet cable even if only for testing. Think I remember another having issue on wifi
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
sig

Post by sig »

I am having the very same problem with my new IP4-1041. I have setup many, many Amcrest cameras and NVR's over the past 6 years without issue. I just received this camera yesterday from Amazon. It has the latest firmware. As always I setup successfully through Amcrest IP Config and Chrome and then my iPhones. I have been unable to get any iPad to work. I am not going to try much longer. Unless I can resolve this over the next two days it goes back to Amazon Monday. I don't really need 4MP so the IP2 (of which I have many) work fine.

I see other Forum posts stating the same iPad issue. Amcrest has a problem. It does not work with the IP4M-1041 iPad app in any configuration setup, either wifi or P2P.
sig

Post by sig »

PS - I purchased the IP4M because of a coupon offer received from Amcrest that took $10 off the Amazon normal price. It came in at $49 rather than $59. However, it isn't worth anything to me if the iPad app will not connect. It's all very odd. And, yes, I have deleted and reentered the "add camera" at least a dozen times.

I just noticed the Amazon comments on this listing have others complaining about the iPad app not working with this camera. One in particular stated that he has 12 IP2M cameras working P2P for the last few years on his iPad but this one will not.
astocks

Post by astocks »

Did anybody have luck with this? I’m having the same problem.
luvdogzz3

Post by luvdogzz3 »

I just purchased two IP2M-841W cameras set up as P2P, and the only way I was able to get them added to my iPad app was to enter them as IP/Domain camera in the device manager.
sig

Post by sig »

Nice to see that Amcrest has not resolved the iPad issue with newer IP4M / IP2M cameras for P2P use. Unbelievable. I guess it will take thousands more product returns to get them to take notice.