P2P computer client software for Smart Home Cameras?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
kjlandry

P2P computer client software for Smart Home Cameras?

Post by kjlandry »

Are there plans to allow the smart home hub and cameras to be viewed remotely via P2P?
I have several other Amcrest cameras and I bought 2 Smart Home cameras with hub. I can view all my other cameras on Amcrest Surveillance Pro, but not the Smart Home ones. I can search and view them within the local network, but I need to be able to view them on my Windows PC at home. port forwarding is not an option I can use.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: P2P computer client software for Smart Home Cameras?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Don't understand I guess I need more info because all Smart Home devices I know about can and do access over the Smart home P2P network .. The AD110 goes a step more and is Cloud based P2P might want to look at your network and make sure that the Port for your Smart Home cameras are not blocked and that they have access to the internet via your Router if you have them set to be approved by admin like I have my network setup for all new Connections to my network routers... I can Approve or Deny the connection and do this so some of the IP cameras I am not 100% in trust with I can Deny access to the Internet and don't have to worry about someone using a Backdoor into my IP camera...
Be Safe.
jack7

Re: P2P computer client software for Smart Home Cameras?

Post by jack7 »

kjlandry wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:10 pm Are there plans to allow the smart home hub and cameras to be viewed remotely via P2P?
I have several other Amcrest cameras and I bought 2 Smart Home cameras with hub. I can view all my other cameras on Amcrest Surveillance Pro, but not the Smart Home ones. I can search and view them within the local network, but I need to be able to view them on my Windows PC at home. port forwarding is not an option I can use.
You seem to be saying you can access the cameras on local ASP using hub IP address. If so, then you should be able to do the it remotely by installing an incoming VPN on your hub LAN and accessing with the hub IP address in ASP on your home PC. OpenVPN is one possibility to investigate.