Only see partial recording time within app

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
acem77

Only see partial recording time within app

Post by acem77 »

I can only see about 1hr per 4 cams per day from the app.
I originally thought my HDD was dieing. But I can access all recorded video for about 2 weeks per cam locally or with the web client..

Not sure why the app can only access a fraction of time.
I tried reformating the drive.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Only see partial recording time within app

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't know the issue, I personally don't have that issue but there are a good few that has this same issue. So maybe there will be an update to clear this up at some point.

So I said that and then I went to double check, that I still don't have that issue. Now I don't know if the issue I had right now was because I had 80 Channels setup in my Live View and tried to playback a full time camera. It didn't want to show any area of playback so I said ok let do live view of just 1 camera and try to play it back and again couldn't even load playback. So I reboot my phone and now I have all the playback bar, Scrolled and can see my time line is longer then an hour.
Screenshot_20231129_143408_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20231129_143408_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (487.23 KiB) Viewed 4023 times
Be Safe.
acem77

Post by acem77 »

Tech support told me my hardware's out of warranty so they won't troubleshoot their own software. This is a force obsolescence gameplay that's crappy. I do buy new set of hardware it will not be from them. There are no other issues other than the mobile app. I'm able to access everything from the PC web browser under IE compatibility mode. They change something at some point and they want to pass the buck as if it was obsolete hardware. Not going to buy all the hardware over every 5 years because they stop supporting the software.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry you feel this way. I am not sure who told you that they wouldn't help you because your warranty is over. Knowing for a fact that Amcrest is one of the only CCTV companies out there that still supports devices many years into the EOL. While that don't always mean it will be supported with an Update to the FW that it has. But it does mean that Amcrest support staff will help issues that the hardware might have and that they could help you fix with what is already installed on the camera DVR/NVR.. However if the camera is dead and again EOL then there is no replacement of a device that is defective out of Warranty when sold as an EOL hardware..

I know from having support staff help me on a camera that I still own today and that I was having issues with back in 2019. It was EOL then and they spent a good hour or so trying to figure out what the issue was. if you call in Support you might get someone that is hired to help with Phone support and they might not help as much as someone that you would get by filling out a Ticket in the Support pages for help. that help is done VIA USA support and if something not able help with they can pass that ticket to another Senior support staff.

Also can tell you that Amcrest cares about the End user as a whole. Having many devices from many different companies I can tell you that Amcrest Tech support is above and beyond. Another hardware provider when I called for support about something so easy I was told that They don't sale direct to the end user and I would need to call the company that I bought the hardware from. Pushing for little more info about product they sold was told they don't even have any in the warehouse to even try out the product to give support. It took me about 18 hours to figure out on my own what I needed but it was at that point I was going to find a different company to buy hardware from and that was when I started buying 80 to 90% of my hardware from Amcrest then on.. Sure there might be some things that I am not 100% fond of, I can say that it isn't the Support Staff at Amcrest USA..

In 2019 Amcrest moved all new hardware to HTML5 and supports Chrome and Edge Normal. However that dont mean all the features that are in the DVR/NVR or IP camera can be accessed using them. So Yeah I still use Edge IE tab as it will be supported until 2029 and by then ASP or a DVR/NVR will be needed for the cameras to keep access...

I have some other cameras from other company that I can't use at all no matter what Browser I use. All I get is a Blank HTML page and only way I can access the devices is using either ASP, IVMS4200, Blue Iris, or some other desktop camera management or recording hardware DVR/NVR.. That don't always give me the best results seeing there are some settings only able to access over WebUI.. None of my Amcrest cameras have been disabled like that.. So happy about that..

Buying a different brand is always something you could do. I personally would do some searches about the hardware you are looking at because there is some people that are bragging about some hardware and doing a search with over 12k of the devices being connected directly to the interent I found they have 6 CVE reports and brag as they will I wouldn't buy the product knowing there are so many devices out there still not patched mainly because the company don't support their own devices they require you to be supported by their reseller only... I would double check who ever you go with that they offer same type P2P service as Amcrest Normal line of Ip cameras and DVR/NVR. If the company you are looking at offers a Cloud based P2P find a better service...
Be Safe.
acem77

Post by acem77 »

I want them to support their mobile app without telling me my hardware is out of warranty when it works fine with edge in internet explorer mode and when I can access my unit directly with no issues.