Not Letting Me Save Settings When Trying to Enable Push Notifications

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
MadManwithaBlueBox

Not Letting Me Save Settings When Trying to Enable Push Notifications

Post by MadManwithaBlueBox »

I just recently installed the latest version of the Amcrest View Pro app on my Android phone (Galaxy S9 running Android 9).

I have it connected with my Amcrest NVR which so far has only one camera hooked up, but I'm working on several others.

When I go into Push Notifications from the menu, select configuration, then select my NVR (which currently says disabled), then move the slider to enable it, all good so far.

But if I try to select any options and hit the little save disk icon at the top it says it "Failed to save".

Even if I choose just motion detection (or any of the other settings by themselves or in any combination) and just check the box next to the one and only camera currently installed and active on my NVR nothing works, it always says failed to save.

My app has full permissions granted for notifications, storage, etc. etc.

It doesn't matter if I choose Push Type of Live View, Video or Image.

I also tried selecting the camera screen, clicking the settings button bottom right and setting Enabled on the Motion Detect page and hitting save (that said Configuration Saved Successfully), I then went down to Push Notifications on that screen and tried to edit and save it with no success.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, or if there is something else I need to modify either on my phone or within the NVR, etc.

I see various posts from the past about issues with Push Notifications stopping working, but nothing specifically about a first time user not being able to enable it to begin with.

Any ideas?

Also, not sure if it has any relation or means anything at all, but when I go into the Device Manager section of the app and choose my NVR the little pie chart symbol button causes a "Failed to receive configuration" error message to appear on screen.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Not Letting Me Save Settings When Trying to Enable Push Notifications

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum

So it is hard to say what the problem could be... I am going to guess might have something to do with lack of Motion detection setup...

So lets try this first...

On App. Click on the Push Notice, Click on Configure, then your Unit. Then on the right move the bar over to enable it will ask for what, Change type to Image, Don't do Live View or Video. Just Lick on Image. Now at the very bottom click on HDD Alarm. If you don't have a HDD pick that anyway this is for testing.. If you do have a HDD click on Low Space. Then it will go back now click on Cam Masking, Pick the Camera only have 1 you said so only 1 option should come up... Now should have taken you back to the menu area where you can click the Diskette looking thing in top right. Click and see if it saves with them options... If it does then the option your trying to setup before was options not yet setup in your camera or NVR...

Sorry this is a lot if not understand the system however if know the system well this only would take a matter of seconds to test out the settings up above... Once that was able to be set you can go make changes needed to let you use the options your trying to set..

Also maybe just Maybe you would want to make sure your P2P is turned on. While I am not saying that the Push would n't work without it I have all mine turned on. cameras, and DVr's all are setup with P2P Enabled. Feel much more safe with P2P then any cloud service... Systems have been hooked up for some time have yet to find anyone moving my Cameras around or messing with things... Just don't leave your Password the same as Default setting... Then people are asking for trouble...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

How funny I went and set up some as I was writing that.. I was able to save all sorts but thought that was the easiest to test and setup.. Then saved Motion and things lol... However now I have it all setup when I try and turn it off I get an error that I can't lol Oh joy.. So I just went and unchecked them for now until next restart..
Be Safe.
MadManwithaBlueBox

Followed the instructions above, enabled push notifications and set the type to image, set cam masking to the cam I have connected and set HDD alarm to low space. Hit save icon and same error message.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I am also using Android Ver9 last system Patch was Nov 1 2019... I guess it has been a while since I turned these on or off.. I guess I need to look at my older system to turn it back off.. Funny thing is.. On my phone all of the Push were turned off because I was getting to many notices from so many different devices lol. Emails, FTP this and that so I turned off Push.. Today turned on for testing above and everything set in just fine however now it won't let me turn them off lol... Very odd first time. I have turned them on and off many times in the past. I have had this S9 since they were first released. Keep seeing the Fold and been thinking about buying it next lol... S10+ with 1tb don't know something seeing I have loads of Samsung products lol. 4 Smart Tv's S9 and S9+ my wife has the + Guess I will un install Amcrest Pro App and install again see if that corrects it. And now for the Hard Truth about that... The Answer is no.. So while I was able to Load Amcrest View Pro back on without the Push being setup that is was good.. However when I set it up once again. This time for testing did only HDD Low Space, Image, and saved. It did save fast and worked.. However I went back to try and turn off Push and after I click over the toggle to the left and the pop up comes up asking if I am sure I want to turn it off. I click yes or ok what ever it was and then it gives little screen that said failed lol...

So if you have it enabled and want to turn it off Uninstall it... However sadly didn't run into an issue not being able to turn it on.... So back to un install again lol...
Be Safe.
MadManwithaBlueBox

I figured out the problem, I had forgotten that logging into my Android app had been done with a basic user account of the NVR to test some stuff.

Once I logged in via an admin account it let me save the notification settings just fine.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Great I am glad you got it working... Now for kicks and giggles see if you have same issue that I do.. Turning it off... ? Just want to see if you get the Can't error like I do now lol...
Be Safe.