No access from iphone - ipad works

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
runaway

No access from iphone - ipad works

Post by runaway »

Hi together,

I've installed Amcrest View Pro on both devices with the same settings (P2P)! For a long time ago it works well on both devices. Since some time I couldn't access the IP-Cam with iphone if I'm outside of home. On the ipad all things running well furthermore.
Yesterday evening I tested the access with iphone inside home network and it works. I don't know what it's happen, because there is no different setup on the devices. Have anybody an idea? Thanks!
axelerator

Re: No access from iphone - ipad works

Post by axelerator »

Hi,

I have the same problem with 3 different, Samsung-Android phones accessing 3 different IP camera's in different geographical locations from "outside" using the Amcrest View Pro app.

It has been working for years but suddenly Live View stopped working for all phones over this last weekend the 14th/15th August 2021.
I still seem to get my Motion Detect alerts from outside come through though.

I can reach all camera's just fine directly on the inside or over the LAN and Wifi (using the App or web-browser) or via https://www.amcrestview.com.

I am thus fairly certain the problem is not my end and have logged a call with Amcrest support and am waiting for a remedy.
I would suggest you do the same.
Does your IPad allow viewing from an external Wifi or over a mobile connection?

I was wondering who else is experiencing problems with the Amcrest View Pro App in the last few days?
runaway

Post by runaway »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I believe I'll follow your suggestion and open a call to the support.
And yes, on the ipad I can reach the cam from both - external wifi and over air.
runaway

Post by runaway »

Additional notice: Same issue with Amcrest Surveillance Pro on Macbook Pro!

Workaround: I've add a VPN to my home network in my config on the devices. So it's possible to access the cam as a local client. Thats work.
runaway

Post by runaway »

Update: For a few minutes all things running well again! I don't know, what 's happen, but I guess Amcrest has correct something. However, for future if something goes wrong I've found my workaround... ;-)
axelerator

Post by axelerator »

My Amcrest View Pro external access from my Android phones have also all started working about 1 hour ago, with no actions required from my side. :)

Same problem as a few years ago, and the support call must have resolved something in the P2P services setup somewhere.

My home router is owned by the ISP and completely locked down and allows no incoming connections at all.
So I have been using a reverse VPN setup to access my home-from-home cameras, but this is awkward if one has multiple cameras in different locations and travelling, so the P2P access remains a vital link.
zkaps

Post by zkaps »

My Android Amcrest View Pro access to my IP2M-841 camera mysteriously stopped working a couple of weeks ago while I was on an overseas trip and needed access the most. When I returned home, no problem accessing the camera via Chrome so the camera was functioning. I had not made any networking changes for at least a year so I was baffled for a while........and then I remembered that about 1-2 months ago I had updated the camera's firmware so:

1. Backed-out firmware version "Amcrest_IPC-AWXX_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.420.AC00.18.R.20200330".
2. Re-installed firmware version "Amcrest_IPC-AWXX_Eng_N_AMCREST_V2.420.AC00.18.R.20190729".

All is well again.