Loud ring from android tablet while adding camera scares cat

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Corvette

Loud ring from android tablet while adding camera scares cat

Post by Corvette »

:o I'm not exactly sure how this happened. I was trying to add an Amcrest camera to Amcrest View Pro on my android tablet. At one point, after ensuring both the camera and my tablet were on the same wifi network, the app told me to bring my tablet near the camera, and after hitting Next, the tablet started a LOUD "ringing" like a telephone, freaking out the cat.
Efforts to stifle the ringing, such as hitting the Volume Down button, the back arrow, or the X, to close the screen, accomplished nothing. It rang about eight times at full volume and then stopped with an error message, to the effect of Camera not found.
Can anyone explain to me what this "cat startling" experience was supposed to have accomplished, and how one would have backed out of this "awaken the dead" procedure if you're not expecting it??
Corvette

Re: Loud ring from android tablet while adding camera scares cat

Post by Corvette »

Attached is the screen cap from the app.
Attachments
Screen cap
Screen cap
20240128_151204.jpg (992.9 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well the loud sound is from a camera that offers a Speaker and is an old way from back in the 90's that at that time was how the device knew it was ok to take the data from 1 into the other for setting up the device. First time I heard it I will admit made me Jump, Woke my wife up from a dead sleep and don't always seem to work because a few times was told when setting up devices that it couldn't connect.. Also to be honest some of the cameras it did that with didn't even have a MIC so why? With that I am not sure. I do know ones with a MIC if the password info is right connects normally really fast with phone or device right in front of the camera. My guess is kind of some idea of scanning a QR code with your camera on some devices. I think sound could be easier when up in the air 40 feet rather then trying to hold the phone at the right point without sun hitting it and the camera in the right area for good QR Scan.. SO understand why Blast might be helpful but a Warning first might be best so it don't blast someone off a ladder lol..
Be Safe.
Corvette

Post by Corvette »

Thanks, Revo2Maxx. I can just imagine neighbors thinking one is testing out their security alarm when that sucker goes off. On my second attempt, I started with the volume about 2. My tablet cranked it up to ten with no way to lower it till it was done screaming at me, at which point I saw the volume was all the way up. Time to close the book on this "feature" yet, Amcrest??
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Luckly it only does it while setting up, Wasn't from the Camera only the phone.. Now I will admit that if the camera you were working with was a Deterrent camera you may not want to have it setup to go off all hours of the day.. I have an 8mp AI camera with it that the kids were running though the Tripwires in the day time so i turned it off in the day time and back on at 9pm at night. Had someone try to go in my yard one night after that was installed and it did what it was meant to do. Just as he passed the Tripwire and light and siren went off he turned around and left my property. However if you have it setup and working off SMD might want to rethink the setup if your camera works with IVS Tripwire or Intrusion with filters of human and vehicle because I personally think it is better that way less false alarms. SMD is good IVS is better IMHO
Be Safe.