Live audio more amplified then recorded?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
RedDirtDog

Live audio more amplified then recorded?

Post by RedDirtDog »

My live audio feed on my iphone is alot more amplified with Amcrest View pro then the recorded .dav files i backed up from the NVR. so much so I cant hear the conversation at all once backed up even though my pc has a loud audio system.
It seems as if its on a different resolution not video wise but audio wise if that makes sense lol.

whats the best way to get the clearest/highest quality audio in a recordable format? are other apps better like blue iris?
any help is really appreciated, thankyou.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Live audio more amplified then recorded?

Post by longedge »

Are these recordings coming from a camera or doorbell? How are you "backing them up" from the NVR, onto a USB stick perhaps? Are you offered the option to export the files in mp4 format?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
RedDirtDog

Post by RedDirtDog »

I'm using a USB stick yea, the options I have are .dav and .asf files from the nvr
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I don't have an Amcrest NVR so I've got no experience there.

It's perhaps no help but I'm just thinking outside the box, do the camera/s attached also have MSD cards in them? If so then as an experiment, you could try downloading a video file from there and see what the result is.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You might want to look at the Sub feed audio or even the main feed audio and make sure they are being Encoded at the same Bit rate and quality sadly at times it might be setup for lower quality and this might change the ability for clear audio over the other.. Also it might have something to do with however your saving the files, over a Local network speed or Cell network? At times of the quality of speed of network isn't within speeds needed it can downgrade your Video and or audio quality to the downloaded file...

Edit: while you can see from my picture here but both of the Main and Sub area running on this camera at the same Audio Encoding rate...
mainaudio.png
mainaudio.png (61.5 KiB) Viewed 8227 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe