Is there a way to setup a camera to record on microSD or PC without being connected to internet?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
torrey99

Is there a way to setup a camera to record on microSD or PC without being connected to internet?

Post by torrey99 »

Is there a way with amcrest view pro or any other software to setup a poe camera to record on microSD or PC without being connected to internet?
Thanks, Torrey
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to setup a camera to record on microSD or PC without being connected to internet?

Post by longedge »

Genereally speaking, whichever method you choose to set up your camera initially, once it's done IP cameras will continue to record to the onboard MSD standalone.

Ideally there needs to be a connection either over the LAN or WAN to access/view what's recorded although you could switch the camera off and then remove the MSD to view on another device (although I wouldn't recommend doing so as it could conceivably damage the MSD and make it unreadable).

Which camera model are we talking about?
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
torrey99

Re: Is there a way to setup a camera to record on microSD or PC without being connected to internet?

Post by torrey99 »

Ok cool at least it can with the microSD, no possible way with a computer tho?
Oh and heres the 2 cameras I'm using IP5M-T1179EW-28MM) and IP8M-T2599EW
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Assuming that the ethernet connection is coming from a router on a local network, then you can access the cameras from a computer using the web user interface. Just enter the IP address in your web browser and you will see a log in screen. That is my 'goto' method when I want to make any changes to settings. For general monitoring I use the free Amcrest Surveillance Pro (ASP) application on my PC - https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -Downloads

When installing ASP you have an option to install PC-NVR which when it's set up runs as a virtual Network Video Recorder (NVR) using your computer storage space which is reserved during installation.
torrey99

Post by torrey99 »

longedge wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:56 am Assuming that the ethernet connection is coming from a router on a local network, then you can access the cameras from a computer using the web user interface. Just enter the IP address in your web browser and you will see a log in screen. That is my 'goto' method when I want to make any changes to settings. For general monitoring I use the free Amcrest Surveillance Pro (ASP) application on my PC - https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -Downloads

When installing ASP you have an option to install PC-NVR which when it's set up runs as a virtual Network Video Recorder (NVR) using your computer storage space which is reserved during installation.
After setting it up on web user interface (cam ip/web browser) and installing ASP, then would ASP work for recording offline? What about blue iris? Could that record while offline? I have BI too I just haven't set it up.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

torrey99 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:23 pmAfter setting it up on web user interface (cam ip/web browser) and installing ASP, then would ASP work for recording offline? What about blue iris? Could that record while offline? I have BI too I just haven't set it up.
It depends on what is meant by "offline".

If the camera is connected to a LAN and the PC running ASP is switched on and connected to the same LAN that will work fine.

The camera does not need to have access to the internet to work.

I've never used Blue Iris but I'm certain that the same would hold true.