iPhone App Setup of a camera

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
HeneryH

iPhone App Setup of a camera

Post by HeneryH »

Sorry for the cross post. I put this in the camera section first rather than here.

Does anyone know if there is some iphone setting that prevents the iPhone App from transferring wifi setup configuration data to the cameras?

The step after the qr code is scanned and the wifi credentials are entered, the app just spins and eventually fails. My wifes phone works fine. My phone used to work fine. But when I installed some work applications my phone started to fail in setting up cameras.

I think the app is trying to share some network data and is is being prevented from doing that.
jack7

Re: iPhone App Setup of a camera

Post by jack7 »

Maybe those work apps installed some kind of firewall that is blocking access.  Check with your work IT people.
HeneryH

Re: iPhone App Setup of a camera

Post by HeneryH »

I'm asking if anyone knows the underlying protocols that are being used to handoff the network credentials from the app to the camera. And if there are any settings for that.

I can't call my work IT department and ask them why my phone won't work setting up an Amcrest Camera.