IP8M-VD2893EW-AI Setup

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
GaryPSU

IP8M-VD2893EW-AI Setup

Post by GaryPSU »

The Amcrest manual does not explain the alert options very well. I am using Amcrest View Pro on an iPad and iPhone.
I ONLY want to be alerted when a human or vehicle enters a specific area of my property.
1. Apparently motion detection does not discern what is in motion.
2. Face detection does not allow for vehicles.
4. Smart detection does not allow for a specific area to be chosen.
5. Only IVS allows me to see only humans and vehicles crossing or appearing in an area that I specify.

Apparently I must use IVS and disable all other detection options.
Am I correct?
Thanks in advance.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-VD2893EW-AI Setup

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't know your camera but you mention Smart Detection? and if you are talking about SMD that is part of the Motion grid then it can pick what area you want to have it or the whole screen.

Most app functions would be best used after the camera is setup using WebUI for them camera. Computer browser and enter cameras Ip address.. Once you log in there and setup your Grid then go to SMD and enable it your motion will work for Human or Vehicle or both if choose to do so..

Personally SMD for me don't work as well as IVS rules. Some how I still get false alerts with SMD active. I will admit on my newest 8mp AI camera a skunk and spider has set off human alert only did this a day or 2 and hasn't been trigged on the things again unless human so not sure why the issue there..
Be Safe.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

Interesting. SMD on my camera doesn’t have an option for intrusion or tripwire option. It will pick up every car driving by and human walking by. I only want to be alerted to those that enter my property. I have disabled all “detection” except for IVS. That works as desired. No skunk or spider alerts yet 😄. It’s only been set up for a few days. So far so good - except for lack of 30FPS option. I’m still adjusting settings for night vision.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so I just made a fast video to maybe help with what should be done if you want SMD to work with your camera. I at first started with my 8mp Amcrest camera and because I was in a Rush over looked SMD because it is placed in different area of the Event section than what I am used to lol. I said it don't have it but clearly it does. I then log out and log in to my Dahua to make the video. It is setup the same way and I show that info within the Video. Maybe that will help you and or others that come across this thread. It is an Unlisted video so only will find the video in the link below.

https://youtu.be/e4qy4UpREyQ
Be Safe.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

Thanks for your reply. I watched your video. I was not aware that the grid that you set up in “video detection” is used for the smart motion detection. That may not be correct. I use the IVS detection which works well for me, and disable all other detection options. This is another situation where the product manual is either incorrect or not explaining properly. This is common with products produced overseas unfortunately.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The Grid for Motion detection is the Grid that is used for Smart Motion Detection 100%. It used to even say it when it was setup that it works off the Motion grid. All settings in the Motion Grid area will work for the SMD as well as long as the SMD is enabled. Meaning if you setup for Email, alerts, or what ever is in the Motion Detection area it will pass that same info when SMD is enabled.

Lets look at MSD in the way of your IVS for a moment. When you setup an IVS rule there are some cameras that come with the Filters turned off. (Also there are some cameras that have IVS without filters) Then by turning on the Filters in IVS a dog, cat, mouse, rat or anything that passes the IVS rules line won't trigger it has to be a Human and or Vehicle.

So with Advanced AI cameras that offer SMD S=Smart Motion Detection that smart is the 2 items for the filter. While it isn't 100% perfect it keeps down the amount of false alarms being sent to push or emails.

I have many AI cameras and not all of them are setup with IVS I have some setup with SMD because of the device that I have them connected to. Normally my iVS ruled cameras have motion turned off, so if I want one of my cameras to work on a non AI recorder.

So here is a picture of one of my older AI recorders with SMD. I have the channels using IVS rules so the SMD is not enabled but in this picture you can see that says it Synchronizes with MD Configuration...
Screenshot (87).png
Screenshot (87).png (233.26 KiB) Viewed 4276 times
Be Safe.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

Thank you. Although I’m satisfied with my IVS setup I will checkout a similar configuration.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

A couple of items are not working properly. Even when I have snapshots set to 3 or 5, I still only get one in the email. I am using FTP for video and snapshots. Only the video alerts are sent to my website - no snapshots.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

For snapshots to be sent in email. It might be a couple of different things. 1 if you don't have a Micro SD installed it might not have enough built in Ram to store a Snapshot in the camera to send to FTP and your Email

Also will want to double check your Snapshot settings on it Camera and make sure they are not setup for something out of the 1 second in each shot. Like some people will setup Full time snapshot to send to FTP or Email to make sure that the camera is still going while away. I remember even I have at times made changes to my Snapshot for event to something out of 1 per second and then i don't get more then 1 snap shot.

When I setup for Events to Push, I choose Image and I get a short video like of more then even 3 snapshots even though i have it setup for 3 because it does the whole event time.

I know that you said your IVS is working well enough. I just wanted to show you another video that I just made with Motion Grid to my Front road. Car goes by and no SMD alert. In the Video after that car I setup the Grid to go out into the road and a short time later in the video you can see I get the alert for another Vehicle that passes by after I move the Grid out. I just wanted to have something for you and maybe others that see your Thread. Can be seen to show that infact the Motion Detection grid is the SMD Grid.

https://youtu.be/goo3Vu2rg-s
Be Safe.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

Thanks for the effort and the lesson. I really appreciate it.