IP8M-VD2893EW-AI Setup

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-VD2893EW-AI Setup

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Wasn't trying to be a Lesson. I was trying to help with your post. So that others that were to come into the forum with same type issues might be able to see what can be done to make things work as one might expect it should.

About the 30FPS issue. I am going to guess if there is some statement about the camera having 30 fps it might be like my 4mp AI camera that has the ability to run 60fps. I tested that out and while it will work at 60 fps it is no where as stable running the 20fps and able to use the AI. In order for my AI camera to get the 60fps I have to turn off the ability for the camera to use AI features and that isn't why I bought the camera. I bought it for AI ability. So maybe your camera will work in 30 with AI turned off.
Be Safe.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

I used the SMD setup that you recommended. It works well. As you said, it uses the area grid that I set up in Video detection. It is better than the IVS setup since in differentiates between human & vehicle (not that it matters 😄) and emails more than one snapshot. My FTP website is still only receiving video, no snapshots. No big deal. I’m staying with this setup. Thank you!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad you got it worked out. Something to look at for your video and snapshots to FTP there are an area in your storage portion of the camera settings that you can select Video and or Snapshots to go to FTP. If you happen to just choose the first one and not the second option for snapshots then it will only send your video. Both options will need to be set to FTP. Easy to overlook.
Be Safe.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

I checked all of my settings. My Amcrest camera that I replaced with this one, as well as my other 2 Amcrest cameras send the snapshots to a jpg sub folder and the videos to a dav sub folder. This camera only uses a dav sub folder with videos, no snapshots.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry to ask again but can you look in the cameras Storage area, Make sure that you have Snapshots setup for FTP and not local or NAS..

Also to confirm you setup your camera to take Snapshots? Also in Video Configuration area and Snapshot the Event one is setup for 1s and not something that might have been meant for Full time snapshot. Maybe by accident the event Check was unchecked and so it no longer does it. Just trying to offer some ideas of what it might be..
Screenshot (116).png
Screenshot (116).png (173.12 KiB) Viewed 3890 times
Be Safe.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

It’s not that. I have both snapshots & video storage going to FTP. I’m getting all snapshots via email so it’s not a big deal. My previous Amcrest camera had both going via FTP. I do have an SD card installed, but haven’t set it up to receive any motion detection. Maybe just by it being installed is causing the problem. I don’t think that I can view the sd card files on my iPad. I’ll check on my laptop tomorrow. Thank you.