IP2M-841B - Cellular Access Issue

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
ctamcrest

IP2M-841B - Cellular Access Issue

Post by ctamcrest »

Read the forum and see that this is not an uncommon issue, though all the things other users have suggested have not worked for me.

I have 3 IP2M-841B cameras, all upgraded to the latest firmware. Cameras are connected to my home network wirelessly through a NetGear extender that is hardwired to my router.

I have no issue accessing these cameras through ASP on my Windows PC on my home network. Can also access with no issue on various iPads using AVP when connected to home network. iPhone can connect to all three when connected to home network.

Issue arise when trying to connect through cellular using my iPhone

In that case I can only access one of the three cameras. All cameras have P2P enable, and were added to AVP buy scanning QR code on base of each camera. I have deleted and added muitple times.

I contacted Amcrest support and have slowly been working through basis questions - confirm model number, reset to default, delete and re-add, confirm which firmware. Everything they have suggested has not worked. Other details:

All cameras are configured for static IP address, with different addresses for wired/wireless. I have tried using main and extra channel and makes no difference. Not sure what else to try.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

Rich
Littleodie81

Re: IP2M-841B - Cellular Access Issue

Post by Littleodie81 »

Did you ever get this issue resolved. I am currently having this same problem with 4 other DVR/NVR’s at different businesses. All are setup using P2P and have been working fine for a long time. Nothing has changed with the internet. I’m wondering if one of their P2P servers are down.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B - Cellular Access Issue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would personally log into each of the cameras that you can't connect to and make sure that it is connected to the P2P server. You can see from the picture below that it would say Online if it is working. If it isn't online make sure it is enabled. and Then go to network, Tcp/Ip and make sure that there is a good DNS enabled. For usa I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for first and second dns. Most times that is how the cameras come setup stock. However in some cases they need to be added.. So if you are using Wireless then you will want to make sure you are on the wireless under TCP/IP because there are 2 areas.

I have many cameras from Amcrest and DVR/NVR. I have some mix and added to ASP using P2P and all of them that are added are showing online. I will admit that one NVR did go offline for some reason, I rebooted the NVR and it now shows it is online. Normally I setup my NVR's to reboot nightly. This NVR I didn't have setup to reboot and has been online for over 2 months without a reboot.
Screenshot (4597).png
Screenshot (4597).png (97.02 KiB) Viewed 3696 times
Be Safe.