IOS displays password for cameras

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
NathanH

IOS displays password for cameras

Post by NathanH »

Can someone tell me why on the IOS version of the app, you are able to view the password for each IP camera? This is such a huge security risk. All you need is the S/N, user, and password and you can gain access to the cameras and it's literally all right there on the same screen. However, for the android app, the password cannot be viewed/unhidden. Can we implement this for the IOS version of the app? I've been waiting for an update to fix that.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IOS displays password for cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Humm I guess you don't have an Android? I say this because I have both iOS and Droid phones and all of them have the little EYE.. Please press the eye and it will hide the Password... Yeah lets take away something that can help.. I do tell everyone I setup not to give out their cell phones and let people have access without watching.. Really you know how much data is in a CELL phone.. You know most people store cc, pw and all sorts of things in them.. I had someone that was in a bad breakup think they were Hacked because they didn't have a Password for their cellphone and his daughters Ex got passwords off his laptop and cell phone and didn't do anything that he knew while they were still together but I told him more then likely he dabbled while still together. After they brokeup His Garage door was opened after he knew he closed it and some other things...

By the way anytime you go to a Coffee Shop that has cameras you are at risk if you use there Wifi
Be Safe.
NathanH

Post by NathanH »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:16 pm Humm I guess you don't have an Android? I say this because I have both iOS and Droid phones and all of them have the little EYE.. Please press the eye and it will hide the Password... Yeah lets take away something that can help.. I do tell everyone I setup not to give out their cell phones and let people have access without watching.. Really you know how much data is in a CELL phone.. You know most people store cc, pw and all sorts of things in them.. I had someone that was in a bad breakup think they were Hacked because they didn't have a Password for their cellphone and his daughters Ex got passwords off his laptop and cell phone and didn't do anything that he knew while they were still together but I told him more then likely he dabbled while still together. After they brokeup His Garage door was opened after he knew he closed it and some other things...

By the way anytime you go to a Coffee Shop that has cameras you are at risk if you use there Wifi
I'm not sure if you're against or for what I'm saying. I want the feature where you can press the eye symbol to reveal the password to be removed so that if someone happens to take your phone and knows how Amcrest works, will not be able to know what the password is. At least hide one of the three information needed to access the cameras.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Didn't have an email on my iOS phone so had to set it up took longer then I could edit my last post so here is a snap shot of my Samsung S9 and my Iphone 6
Samsung S9
SmartSelect_20200126-234004_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
SmartSelect_20200126-234004_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (161.36 KiB) Viewed 993 times
iPhone 6
IMG_0023.PNG
IMG_0023.PNG (59.64 KiB) Viewed 993 times
Be Safe.
NathanH

Post by NathanH »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:45 pm Didn't have an email on my iOS phone so had to set it up took longer then I could edit my last post so here is a snap shot of my Samsung S9 and my Iphone 6
Samsung S9
SmartSelect_20200126-234004_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
iPhone 6
IMG_0023.PNG
That's interesting because a relative of mine has Android and his does not show the eye symbol at all which is nice. I want that feature too
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I don't know I just installed it on another android that I own thinking that maybe it would not put in the new app however it did...

So here is somethings that I wonder... Are you sure he or she was using the Amcrest Pro App? I ask because ever since I owned Amcrest Camera and used the App that I can remember it has always had the Eye?

Now I have not used the Cloud App or the Amcrestview app for long time and maybe they were using one of them apps or yet another app for accessing the cameras?

Even my 5 year old device has the little eye icon on the password... Even the Smart App for the new line of things like the Doorbell has the eye...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

The ios app called Amcrest View Pro for tablets does not show PW or have a eye, and hasn't been updated in 3+ years. Maybe it works on iphone. It's on my wife's ipad along with the other ios view pro app. I use android devices which have eyes.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Same here - iPad shows no eye whereas iPhone does.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
nathanh1

Post by nathanh1 »

Are you guys for removing that feature? I don't really see a point in having it there. With the screenshot feature, someone can just screenshot once and quickly send it out now.