iOS app to cameras or NVR

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
djcalcutt

iOS app to cameras or NVR

Post by djcalcutt »

Hello all

Just finished installing nine cameras, five of which are in the attic, to give me a good look around the house.

https://ipcamlive.com/5f8668772121a
https://ipcamlive.com/5f8667c7917a7
https://ipcamlive.com/5f8a365956a3b
Https://ipcamlive.com/5f8a386f2ef13
Https://ipcamlive.com/5f8a375c3faa3

I’m using the iOS app, and just wandering if it’s better to set up the app with the nv4108 video feed or directly from each camera.

I like the push notification in the app, which mean I should be connecting to each camera individually. For now I’m just getting email notifications.

All in all, I’m liking the amcrest cameras, ip2m-841 and Ip3M-941 for the 5g wireless parts. All set to 1080p, to and older dvr nv4108, bit a new one is coming soon. Upgraded to nv5216 so I can watch all channels on the 4K tv.

Later.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: iOS app to cameras or NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the Forum
To be honest I use my Android phone for viewing with Amcrest View Pro or the Amcrest App anyway and I have to say between my iOS and my S9 the S9 Droid has better features. There is some things missing from iOS that had issues and was removed..

About Where one uses all cameras or the NVR for alerts it is hard to say.. I do it personally both ways to be honest.. Only thing that bothers me is when I do alerts from my NVR 4108 I own both non and POE version then for 4k I have 2116-HS..

So for the sake of being odd when I setup an alert on my NVR from my app I get alerts (This is the good part) however when I then cycle though the nvr off the alert pop up I am missing Camera 1 in order to get camera 1 back I have to close the app and bring it back up again. While this isn't really a Big Issue the first time it happen I was really mad lol.. Bringing the app back up loads the NVR with all channels as installed.. I guess doing a Notice from NVR setup your view as that notice being sent from CH1 because it is being sent from ch1 of the camera and that is why I guess it does this...

I do have my Systems setup wtih P2P This is my DVR/NVR and all IP cameras are all P2P so I could just have the ones loaded on the Front Side of an NVR send me the PUSH if I wanted and only setup my POE NVR to push alerts on the cameras off the back.. I just find it is easier to go to a machine and pick the ch I want notices from rather then trying to remember what the camera name was I setup in app to meet the right camera in play.. Some times I have to try a couple of times before I get the right camera.. So easier to bring up a machine that I know the camera is on scroll though the list of cameras till I find the one I want setup that one for Push.. I don't leave them Active constant if I did I would never get a moments rest lol
Last edited by Revo2Maxx on Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also Just want you to be aware that the 841 and 941 are indoor cameras I don't know but they look very Exposed to the weather.. I Personally have 1 out of all the ones that I own outdoors and it is under a 10 x10 roof on my back deck. I will be removing it this week sometime with last night being the First Freeze in my area I don't want it to damage my camera from prolonged cold seeing the Range it works in on paper is far above what my temps last night was...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Another subject:
I don't know how you use ipcamlive, but when I saw those five ipcamlive URLs, I wondered how I would set it up to display multiple cams with only one ipcamlive URL.
I think it could be done using the NVR HDMI output connected to a HDMI Encoder device that outputs a video stream to ipcamlive using the Encoder rtsp command. There are other input methods the Encoder could use like Chromecast HDMI output.
Just a thought...