iOS app 'night" failing but PC app works ok

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
JStateson

iOS app 'night" failing but PC app works ok

Post by JStateson »

Unaccountably, using iOS Amcrest View Pro I cannot enable day, night, or auto on my IP2M-852W but the PC's "IP Config" tools works fine on same camera.

There seems to be no version number on the iOS app nor a version date. The PC windows one is (v) 3.20.10

the password is correct on the iPhone app as I can change other features. Selecting the "moon" icon the settings are only night vision "auto" and night vision "off". It has been stuck in night mode and I never was able to get color until I use the PC program to set "color"

Why is the "color" option missing from the iOS app?
Who is the developer of the iOS app?
Is there a better iOS app for amcrest?
I also use blueiris but that program, AFAICT, does not have the options to control Day/Night mode or at least I cannot find them as blueiris seems to have everything else including the kitchen sink.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: iOS app 'night" failing but PC app works ok

Post by Melvin »

Hi JStateson,

Use web interface for any camera settings iOS app will make temporary changes and some of the options you can change only with respect to that particular device.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us