How to view CAMs on PC-NVR using AVP

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
securityJim

How to view CAMs on PC-NVR using AVP

Post by securityJim »

I have PC-NVR working on a Windows PC and now would like to be able to playback videos / images stored on the PC-NVR using Amcrest View Pro (AVP) on my Android app. I can't see any options for this on AVP and could not find a discussion on this forum covering this topic. Any help would be appreciated.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How to view CAMs on PC-NVR using AVP

Post by Revo2Maxx »

AVP is an app for accessing cameras and recorders for Amcrest devices

ASP is a Computer program that you can access recorders and cameras of Amcrest and other Dahua devices...

Main issue with ASP working with AVP is that ASP is working on your computers IP address and isn't a Amcrest product. Now to be honest I have not tried to use AVP to connect to asp and just tried using only way I would be able to and that is over IP. Failed to connect... So not sure.

AVP is not even as cool as ASP so why would you want to. Wouldn't be able to from outside of your network without your computer being in Direct contact with internet and open ports. (Meaning couldn't use P2P)
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
securityJim

Post by securityJim »

Thanks for the reply. This helps. I know very little about P2P so didn't realize it can't be used to a PC. I am having continual issues with camera's not recording on their internal SD cards so thought I would try the PC-NVR from ASP, which seems to work well but now I can't access their playback from by android cell. I guess the only way around this would be go switch to an Amcrest NVR instead of using the camera's internal SD cards.
jack7NewUsername

Post by jack7NewUsername »

I have used AVP with the PC-NVR IP address to Playback PC-NVR recordings.  But as Revo said, that may not be very useful just locally.  Unless you are like me and use a tablet 90% of the time locally instead of PC.
tommcmur

Post by tommcmur »

You can use the IP address of ASP to view the recordings and the cameras in AVP, just connect it as an NVR using the IP. You can view it outside of your network if you open the right port on your router (default is 37777) and know your external IP address. You'll have to update that external IP address any time your ISP changes your IP address. It works well, I do this when I go to Europe to keep an eye on my home.