High Heat from View Pro on iPhone 14 Pro

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
x002657

High Heat from View Pro on iPhone 14 Pro

Post by x002657 »

Just surrendered a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active for my first iPhone, a 14 Pro. View Pro worked fine with the Samsung, and no problem installing View Pro or adding 3 wifi cams, (which was easier than I expected) to the iPhone 14 Pro. Also easily added 2 AD410 doorbell cams to SmartHome. HOWEVER, when using View Pro, my new iPhone 14 Pro gets pretty darn hot, noticeably so, which is something that I never recall happening when using View Pro on the Samsung.

Have others had this problem? Do other iPhone models also get hot? Is Amcrest aware of/investigating it?

I'm concerned because I just bought a Spigen Tough Armor case for the iPhone and worry that the case would contain the heat which could damage the iPhone.
jack7

Re: High Heat from View Pro on iPhone 14 Pro

Post by jack7 »

Sounds like an iPhone problem.
https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comment ... eating_up/
Research it some more.
jmeray

Re: High Heat from View Pro on iPhone 14 Pro

Post by jmeray »

I have an iPhone 14 pro. I dont have any heat issues when using this app. But then I only use it maybe 60 seconds or less at a time.
I just launched a PTZ from my app, kept it on for 2 minutes, didn't get hot.
Maybe there is something else running on your iPhone that is eating up CPU, try checking that you dont have a lot of other apps running on your iphone by swiping halfway up and then swiping-up to remove all of the running apps/cards that you are NOT using. Having a ton of apps running, that you are not using, could possibly cause some extra cycles to heat things up. Didn't know if you knew how to do that since you were coming from Android. Good Luck!