Hear audio on 2 devices at once

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
ssk262

Hear audio on 2 devices at once

Post by ssk262 »

I've been using an Amcrest IP2M-841W camera as a baby cam with the Amcrest View Pro app and it's worked well. I'm having a second child soon and I've set up another camera, Amcrest IP4M-1051W, in another bedroom.

Both cameras are working fine in the app, and I've set up split screen to be able to view both cameras at once. The problem is that the audio monitoring only works on one camera at a time. I need to be able to monitor audio from both at night. Can this be done using one device? I'd prefer not to have two monitoring devices (one for each).

Separately, for the split screen, the minimum split screen window is 4 in the app. Is there a way to do a 2 window split screen instead?

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Hear audio on 2 devices at once

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I don't know of a way that it can be done. I am not saying that it can't I just don't know of a way... I do know that there are some systems out there and Amcrest might have it on theirs that is on the stand alone system where there is a Camera and a monitor. The ones Amcrest Carry is 1 cam or 2 camera setup where it screen can connect upto a total of 6 cameras... However the ones I know of has hardware and software that detects audio then uses a Relay to make it so that Audio is being played out of the viewer. However I don't know of any that has Audio coming from multi sources at one time. There was another one that I remember seeing that only audio would switch over to single view when detected and that way the Audio would play.

To be honest I would say that using 2 different Cell phones would be the best way to have 2 going if you want to have streaming audio. Also this would make it so when the first baby needs mom or dad the second parent still has the second phone to keep an eye on the other little one.. Once done bringing that cell back and setup on the monitoring stand... That is how I would do it...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

You could try TinyCam Pro android app. Live view the two cams, enable speaker, and use Sequence Mode with user specified timeout period. Live view will then automatically change camera view every x seconds, and audio will also change. TinyCam Pro also has baby monitor audio controls for squelch, alarm, amplification, and audio graph display.
ssk262

Post by ssk262 »

jack7 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:04 pm You could try TinyCam Pro android app. Live view the two cams, enable speaker, and use Sequence Mode with user specified timeout period. Live view will then automatically change camera view every x seconds, and audio will also change. TinyCam Pro also has baby monitor audio controls for squelch, alarm, amplification, and audio graph display.
That worked great! Except the audio turns off once it goes through the sequence. I can't figure out how to set the default audio as on when in sequence mode.
ssk262

Post by ssk262 »

Nevermind, figured it out. In UI & Behavior settings, I selected "Rec & audio in multiple layout" which allows me to listen to multiple audio feeds at once while looking at both cameras. No sequencing needed.

THANK YOU!
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Great! If you haven't seen them, here's some instructions I found yesterday but had not posted yet.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tinycam/commen ... und_audio/