Format SD card with Amcrest View Pro?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Dshow

Format SD card with Amcrest View Pro?

Post by Dshow »

Hi,
I have a IP4M-1041B camera and access it via Amcrest View Pro on my Iphone. I'm not located at the camera so I access it remotely.
How can I reformat my SD card? (The motion alert area had several tree limbs in the shot, so when they blew in the wind, the camera would record. I want to free up this space.)

Thank you!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Format SD card with Amcrest View Pro?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well that is a tough one to be honest.

I know that if you look at the info for the camera you can click on the pie shape to look at the storage info but not sure of how to Format VIA the app.. Seeing you have the cameras SN I would DL to your Desktop or Laptop the Amcrest Surveillance Pro, Setup your camera from the program and while you can't Record on ASP's PC-NVR while connected over P2P I am pretty sure not 100% but I am sure you can from there.. So before posting I thought I would add one of my Cameras that I didn't have on ASP yet and yes while connected VIA P2P you can access the cameras HDD aka Micro SD to format it.

So to do it from there you will have to as I said before Load ASP, then load the camera by adding it, put in a name, change from IP to P2P as connection type and then put in the Serial Number, User and Password for it. Then it will go from orange color dot to a Green once it has connected. Then Go to Device CFG, Then click on the Cameras name, then click on Storage, HDD Manager, then looking in that window it will appear there is no way to format the hdd however if you then click on the Read/Write under HDD Operation there is a Drop down in that Drop down it will have Format HDD.. Yes I know it isn't a HDD but that is what the Software is calling the MSD..

If you need more info I am more then happy to make a Fast Video showing the Steps if needed..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Dshow

Post by Dshow »

Thanks. The problem is, the camera is at my mother's house and not here. I can do it via the PC Surveillance Pro program when I am at her house, but I can't access her camera when I'm not on her network, which is why I wanted to know if the app could do it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you can do it in App away from her home then you can Do it on ASP away from her home as well. That was way I said ASP was only option for Format of HDD seeing it isn't on the View App..

2 ways to access a Camera or Recorder while away from the network. P2P and Port Forwarding. Seeing you are asking about access with App, my thought was that your using P2P on your phone app.. If that is the case Everything offered in my first reply can work.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Dshow wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:46 am Hi,
I have a IP4M-1041B camera and access it via Amcrest View Pro on my Iphone. I'm not located at the camera so I access it remotely.
How can I reformat my SD card? (The motion alert area had several tree limbs in the shot, so when they blew in the wind, the camera would record. I want to free up this space.)

Thank you!
If you have the camera SD card setup to Overwrite, then the recorded motion detect events you don't want will go away eventually.