Fickle P2P

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
lmolter

Fickle P2P

Post by lmolter »

I had it set up earlier this week with a NV5216E-8P and my Google Pixel 3. Worked fine. For reasons that escape me now, I disabled it and disabled DDNS, which also worked. Now neither work after being re-enabled. I deleted the Amcrest View Pro app and reinstalled and set up P2P with a new name and... Live View comes up with black camera boxes (0KB/s transfer rate).

What the heck did I undo? It had been working. I did have a problem earlier today when a camera went black after being up and running for the last few days. I got it back (forgot how) but all the remote stuff doesn't work anymore. I need to have remote access by the middle of September due to an extended business trip.

The whole experience with the NV5216E has been bittersweet.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Fickle P2P

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I don't know I understand well enough..

So here is what I would do. Double check that the P2P is enabled within the NVR. Look main menu, network and P2P. It should say enable (Blue) and Status should show Online. If it is. Then I would open app, Then remove device from your app by going to left side, Device Manager, click the device you want to remove, then click the Trash can.

Now you can Press the + however if your not on that screen and back in the normal area of the app click the right top icon, (Device LIst) then click the + then DVR/NVR, P2P Setup, Scan or enter the SN manually, give it a name, and enter password.

I will admit I did have little issue my self when I was just adding my NV4116E-HS back to my App. Not sure why I restarted my phone and went in app and it was there Works on and off my network. Guess my issue was needed my phone restarted..
Be Safe.
lmolter

Post by lmolter »

Ok. Dumb retiree trick -- the streams were set to Extra instead of Main. Don't know how they got set that way ;-(. It works now. But thanks for having me give a closer look.
weswitt

Post by weswitt »

i have found that port forwarding works WAY better than P2P. for me P2P was just too slow. port forwarding is very fast and works perfectly every time.
lmolter

Post by lmolter »

In my case, though, P2P was the only reliable setup. I guess each installation is different. I don't need speed -- I just want to see what's going on while I'm not there. Tnx, tho.