Email test failed Android

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
earthshaker

Email test failed Android

Post by earthshaker »

I was thinking last night that i needed to set up motion notifications, I managed to get the push notifications working, but sadly the email test failed three times, then I gave up.
I am sure it is configured correctly unless the sender email and the receiving email address can't be the same. I prefer a video clip to a snapshot, but without the email working, I don't think that is possible.
Anything else I should check?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Email test failed Android

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well you can Push Video and Images also Live view for the fastest.. However Video can be sent VIA Push..

Also depending on the system, camera, or network even a 3 image push works out looking like a small image if setup correctly.

So I setup my largest motion active camera using Amcrest View Pro, setup push, video and as soon as the motion happened I was given an alert. Now I know it needs to finish the video before it will show so I gave it 20 seconds to finish and the clip was complete and I was able to watch it without issue..

Email in cameras are hard to make happen and unless your system is very old or has 2020 or newer FW email will fail.. Also doing an email test even when the email won't fail clicking the test always for me anyway reports that it failed..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe