Email notification problems

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Dogbert

Email notification problems

Post by Dogbert »

Tried setup for one of my 4 cameras on my iphone using this app. Selected using gmaii for the email. Used my gmail email address and the password for it. The configuration saved - the email test failed. Completed all the available fields. What is wrong!?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Email notification problems

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum...

Sadly there are some udpates to Gmail that makes older camera system even by all other companies that make cameras no longer work with gmail... So if your NVR/DVR or cameras are still getting updates and have the New 2019 FW or newer I would update your system for the newest FW and then Gmail should work... Sadly I have some older cameras that don't get updates anymore and as so I figured I would buy my own email server and pay godaddy to host my server for me where I have added a MX record so I can have a email server that works for the cameras that don't have updates still....
Be Safe.
Dogbert

Post by Dogbert »

So do I plug in the IP address from my hosted by GoDaddy site for the email server in my Amcrest NDVR-4108E email settings after I make a MX record on the hosting site. It would be nice to see what the NDVR email setup page looks like properly filled out. :idea:
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I would love to give that info but seeing it has more info then I want to offer and seeing that I don't use the email address for anything other then sending my Personal MSN email alerts no you would have a MX record that would reflect your domain name...

So for me I have [email protected] as the sender and then I setup under my email info as smtp and could be mail.myhostname.com on port 587. Then because I have some cameras that don't have good new FW I have my system setup as non secure... However there is an option for a Secure server address for your site and non...

Once you have your domain from godaddy or who ever you get it from and host with them if it is on a email server platform or if they offer it all that info for your server will be provided to you.. They will tell you what you need to enter and all the info needed to setup out going and incoming emails... Then you setup your own email software to check and use your new email address... However I only use my motion email for out going and have my Main email forwarded to my main email address on MSN so I don't have to have loads of places looking for emails plus I hate Spam...
Be Safe.