Email alerts cannot change port for Gmail

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
WalkGood

Email alerts cannot change port for Gmail

Post by WalkGood »

Setting up Email Alerts, the port number is pre-entered as "587" and cannot be changed. Gmail requires port "465". I know this from using other apps for email notifications using Gmail.

Is there a way to change the port number?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Email alerts cannot change port for Gmail

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There should be a Setting for TSL and SSL... TSL is 587 and if TSL is chosen it won't let you change the Number there should be a Drop down for SSL/TSL in the box. Pick SSL and that would let you put in the 465... And just so you know both TSL and SSL work in Gmail....

Default Gmail SMTP Settings
Gmail SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com.
Gmail SMTP username: Your full Gmail address (e.g. [email protected])
Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password.
Gmail SMTP port (TLS): 587.
Gmail SMTP port (SSL): 465.
Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes.
That is info from the Settings page for Gmail Dated. Oct 16, 2019
Be Safe.
WalkGood

Post by WalkGood »

Thanks for tip.

I changed to ssl , but still getting test email failed.

For a diff camera I use IP Cam Viewer app, and that works fine using same gmail acct.

Any tips about getting gmail to work with Amcrest View Pro?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure.. What is the FW Ver your working with? If it is older then the 2019 FW for the camera Gmail no longer works with anything in HD however my old tech 960h DVR's still work with gmail

So because of items not being able to get new FW updates seeing they are outdated products I had to buy my own SMTP server and now I have my own email and it works fine for me that way. All my HD cameras or dvr/nvrs won't work with Gmail after Google did some update back in like June or july I think it was...
Be Safe.
WalkGood

Post by WalkGood »

I do not know the firmware version in the cameras. I bought them from amazon Nov 2019, but who knows what version they came with. They are 1200 miles away from me in an empty house - FIL passed away. Wanted a way to keep an eye on the place, cams were a quick way to do so in short time I had on site.

I don't understand what the cams sending HD pics has to do with gmail?

I *think* there is a process in the gmail acct to somehow register Amcrest cams as a trusted 3rd party to be allowed to send emails using my gmail acct. I'm digging into that process.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well if you are using a Cell Phone there is the ability to send Push Notices out of that App... To be honest it would be fastest and easiest way to set up getting notices... Just a Option...

About the HD I don't know.. I know that all my HD Hardware from all the nice different companies that I have all stopped working with Gmail same day... Then I got some from my 960h units I was like what happen... I tried for a Month before I figured out it wasn't only me that wasn't able to get Emails... Then found it was only my HD hardware.. Because another unit from a different company also 960h I was able to turn on and it worked. Then another unit same thing and it is even older CVBS system and it was no issue. So Sadly a few of my items from Amcrest and the other company will no longer get FW updates so I went and got my own mail service Problem solved.

However Push works. When you want to have them off you can tell you phone not to let the push come through but the software will still keep track if you want to look at what alerts was sent... Then when you want them on say you went to a Movie, you can turn them off via your phone after movie turn them back on fast easy no worries and able to do it if you have connection from your phone to setup push, click the little 3dots with 3 lines on the top left, Then click push notifications enable it, setup motion type of push and then on the top right click on the Diskette looking icon to save it...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

WalkGood wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:26 pm Any tips about getting gmail to work with Amcrest View Pro?
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... t-View-Pro